Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Laura Chase

One Too Many
djgo-cat-go said:
To me, you are the embodiment of the true meaning of Rock 'n' roll!

I didn't think about it, but it's true, you manage to make vintage rock 'n roll and rock 'n roll vintage, which is perfect, it makes vintage sexy and rock 'n roll elegant. A Nick Cave-esque sharpness.

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Laura Chase said:
I didn't think about it, but it's true, you manage to make vintage rock 'n roll and rock 'n roll vintage, which is perfect, it makes vintage sexy and rock 'n roll elegant. A Nick Cave-esque sharpness.
:eusa_clap

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Laura Chase said:

Wow...that you should mention Nick here! In my book, Nick Cave - along with Tom Waits and a few others - is among the most important original singers/songwriters/performers of all times.

I once tried to do 'Where The Wild Roses Grow' (I love murder ballads! :D) in a duet with my then-girlfriend. After I came up with a really nice arrangement for finger style guitar she told me that she just couldn't relate to the song - not the words, not the imagery, not the mood, not with the whole damn thing. Now she's my ex... ;)

sproily

Practically Family
Thanks Mario, on both accounts!

(Listening to The Boatman's Call at the moment, one of the only albums from Cave that I don't own. (Spotifying atm))

Mario

I'll Lock Up
:eek:fftopic: Right now I'm listening to The Weeping Song. Fantastic!

I have very vivd memories of Nick from the time when he lived here in Berlin in the 1980's. You'd sit in the U-Bahn in Kreuzberg, riding to the SO36 and every now and then he'd sit on the bench just opposite you, slumped, pale, a dazed-out look on his face, always with a long black coat and always, always with a notebook and a pen in his hands. I never once talked to him but it was just great to see him there in all his dark and gloomy glory. Martin Gore of Depeche Mode lived in Kreuzberg as well just a few years later. Those were the days... :rolleyes:

There is a bar here in Berlin-Kreuzberg called the 'Ankerklause' where I like to take a few drinks. Sometimes I sit there with a guy called Stern who recorded and mixed the CD from Gold Fish (the band of a friend of mine). Stern also played bass and recorded with Einstürzende Neubauten, Crime & The City Solution and Nick Cave (among many others). He was also the soundman for a few shows during Nick's last tour of Germany. That's what I really like about Berlin... :D

Ok. Now back to topic... ;)

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
001-2.jpg

Sorry about the quality. Phone pic. I'm going to start having my wife take pics in the morning.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Phineas Lamour said:
Sorry about the quality. Phone pic. I'm going to start having my wife take pics in the morning.

Photos taken of you in the morning? Then you are a braver man than I am! I won't let anybody get near me with a camera before half of the day is over... :eek:

All that said: great cap! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

At the moment I wear only felt hats but I have seen so many nice caps here on the Lounge that I really need to do a test drive with one of those myself... ;)

Mr Badger

Practically Family
I'm wearing a Jaxon 'Big Apple' panel cap in grey herringbone (from www.hatsandcaps.co.uk); a grey sweat with a vintage 'Floats Like A Butterfly, Stings Like A Bee!' print; un-named black horsehide engineer boots from a warehouse near Hot Springs, AK; Lee 'half-selvedge' 101b jeans; a black leather w/brown applique panels, studs & jewels 'motorcycle belt'; a grey with black polka dot Tootal scarf; and an incredibly weighty black steerhide 'barnstormer' coat by Sam Walker, wot I nabbed off E*ay for the princely sum of £65!

BTW, does anyone know if Aero did, indeed, make Sam Walker's leather jackets? I also own a Sam Walker 'highwayman' which is, as far as I can tell, identical to Aero's model. Indeed, I've seen Sam Walker jackets & coats listed on Aero's website under descriptions like 'Highwayman copy by Sam Walker'...

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Mario said:
:eek:fftopic: Right now I'm listening to The Weeping Song. Fantastic!

I have very vivd memories of Nick from the time when he lived here in Berlin in the 1980's. You'd sit in the U-Bahn in Kreuzberg, riding to the SO36 and every now and then he'd sit on the bench just opposite you, slumped, pale, a dazed-out look on his face, always with a long black coat and always, always with a notebook and a pen in his hands. I never once talked to him but it was just great to see him there in all his dark and gloomy glory. Martin Gore of Depeche Mode lived in Kreuzberg as well just a few years later. Those were the days... :rolleyes:

There is a bar here in Berlin-Kreuzberg called the 'Ankerklause' where I like to take a few drinks. Sometimes I sit there with a guy called Stern who recorded and mixed the CD from Gold Fish (the band of a friend of mine). Stern also played bass and recorded with Einstürzende Neubauten, Crime & The City Solution and Nick Cave (among many others). He was also the soundman for a few shows during Nick's last tour of Germany. That's what I really like about Berlin... :D

Ok. Now back to topic... ;)

Just chiming in for personal interest - I was stationed in Berlin 1983-84, and lived at Andrews Kaserne - I think it was located in Lichterfelde - I remember going to an art deco looking nightclub in Kreuzberg back then but can't recall the name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner