Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
It was a fancy plastic card that he probably bought somewhere , had no meaning to me. I thought he wasn't going to sign the citation even after telling him it was not an admission of guilt and that if he refused he was going to jail.

I also love when people think you have to read them Miranda before you can arrest them.

On topic I know 5 Vegas is apparently an internet brand but I am really liking them lately, especially the Series A.
You ought to print up a card you can give in return,
explaining their actual rights... But nevermind.

Your story drove me to sit out in the cold with a Victor Sinclair
Triple Corojo. Not a bad mild-to-medium cigar, with a nutty,
sort of roasted wheat flavor. And a Köstritzer Schwarzbier.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
feltfan said:
Your story drove me to sit out in the cold with a Victor Sinclair
Triple Corojo. Not a bad mild-to-medium cigar, with a nutty,
sort of roasted wheat flavor. And a Köstritzer Schwarzbier.
I have one but they don't get to keep it :D

Cold aready? It's 4 something in the morning and I've got the AC on in my car, but off tonight and will hopefully be enjoying a cigar in the hammock rain free.:) And one of those Sailor Jerry drinks....;)

Kermez

A-List Customer
Oliva V series

Yes, I like the Oliva V series. Decent price, full-bodied, nice flavor, well constructed, good even burn. Hard to go wrong with them. For me, they're up there with Ghurka. (Albeit underneath Arturo Fuente, of course!)

BtW, indycop - [Beavis] Use the tazer! The tazer![/Beavis]

Barbigirl

Practically Family
5 Vegas Gold

I love those but I think the last one I had was QM 2007.

<<<<-----Last week I shared a Padron, first try, very pleasant. Burr, getting a little chilly for the outside smoke.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Kermez said:
Yes, I like the Oliva V series. Decent price, full-bodied, nice flavor, well constructed, good even burn. Hard to go wrong with them. For me, they're up there with Ghurka. (Albeit underneath Arturo Fuente, of course!)

BtW, indycop - [Beavis] Use the tazer! The tazer![/Beavis]
We don't have them, too much bad publicity.:(

BobC said:
JP, thank you.

I have had the most splendid and relaxing evening. My wife and I torched some porterhouses on the grill and had a very nice dinner. Then as evening set in, I moved to the deck with a glass of Dalmore Cigar Malt and a Cohiba robusto (Dominican, unfortunately). I was most relaxed as the moon and stars reflected from the lake and I savored the scotch and cigar.

Perhaps the day will come when we are permitted to lift a glass together. Until then, thank you. Your suggestion has been and will be much appreciated and enjoyed.

You are quite welcome. :D I am always happy to hear that my advice comes to good avail. Your evening sounds wonderful. :cheers!:

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Right now I am having a Baccarat Luchador ("wrestler"). Nicely priced (±$3 ea), mild, sweet-gummed shut, which they say is an early 20th c. touch.

I resist spending over $10 for wine, so it might be fun to sus out the best stogies under $5.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Tonight was a 5 Vegas Limitada 2008. The first 1/4 inch was bitter but may have been due to the zippo. I have been using matches and seem to always get that first 1/4 bitterness before becoming excellent. This one was really good but somewhere down the line it hit me in the gut and I passed it off to Dee who was complaining about her felipe gregorio. She tossed the gregorio and finished the 5 Vegas. I think after chinese food and pure sugar doughnuts that final cigar just didn't agree with me.[huh] This would be a great cigar after a steak.;)

Kermez

A-List Customer
Nice choice

Fletch said:
Right now I am having a Baccarat Luchador ("wrestler"). Nicely priced (±$3 ea), mild, sweet-gummed shut, which they say is an early 20th c. touch.

A good, inexpensive smoke. Baccarats were the first "real" cigar I ever smoked (Rothchild maduro, specifically). Started in on them in '94 - up until then (started smoking cigars at college in '87), I'd only had Swisher Sweets, King Edwards, etc. For the longest time, the Baccarat line was my #2 choice. Still have one every now and again, for old times sake, you know.

DerMann

Practically Family
Starting to break in my new Peterson system No. 305 - absolute joy to smoke.

GL Pease Westminster tobaccy, too.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I enjoyed a Por Larranaga Maduro myself last night.
When I start one of those up I am always disappointed.
Then about half way through I am really enjoying it.
Just takes it a few puffs to get the flavor going.

I jumped on that special CI had on Man O' War last week.
They arrived today and I was happy I did. Tried one out
tonight. It was still a bit dry but smoked just fine. It's a
solid, full bodied cigar. I'm going to enjoy these.

Fletch said:

I resist spending over $10 for wine, so it might be fun to sus out the best stogies under $5.

Remember to warm the end of the cigar if it is gummed shut. That will melt the gum and get the cigar off to a good start. That is why we still warm cigars---not necessarily utilitarian but tradition that leads back to the gummed shut cigars of yore. :D :cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn