Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

feltfan said:
I think you'll like them.
Probably knock the Campdraft right off IC's bean.
Smoked another last night and noted that the flavor
is surprisingly consistent throughout the smoke. A lot
of my favorite cigars build up flavor as they go.

Since I'm usually drinking more or less the same thing
with my cigar, I figure I should list the hat I'm wearing
when I smoke now. Last night it was the Bee "Custom
Beaver Blend" (7 1/2 LO). Stingies are for wearing after
the sun goes down.

Ahhhh, my favorite. STRONG. ;) :p

Geez, JR has been running a weekly special H. UPMANN CIGAR LOVER'S DIARY and I just jumped on it Saturday. The unfortunate part is that the only size available now if the Lonsdale selection:
https://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=cigars&brand=H. UPMANN CIGAR LOVER'S DIARY
Looks like a good deal to me. 7 cigars for $15? I got two. I know these are pretty mild but the price was just too good and I liked the last ones I sampled so......;) :D

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kermez said:
My in-laws live in Mobile, AL. IIRC, there's a cigar store there called the Tinder Box - I wonder if it's a chain or just a coincidence? I haven't been there since 2000 (I don't like to travel, and our house is bigger than their apartment, so I prefer them to visit us), but I recall them being rather pricey - at least half-again what I pay at cigar stores here. Bigger market (and stores), I suppose...

Tinder Box is a chain, and I agree that they are pricey. But I always like to see what's there when I get close to the place. It is a good place to go to buy singles when you want to try new things. And it gives me an excuse to escape shopping for a while. lol

BobC

indycop said:
Shopping for hats?lol

Heck, I would have liked that. But no, the Mrs. roped me into shopping with her for clothes. You know that routine dont you? Look at all of them, try on most of them, put most of those back, buy one or two things, move to the next store, repeat. :rage: :eek:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Heck, I would have liked that. But no, the Mrs. roped me into shopping with her for clothes. You know that routine dont you? Look at all of them, try on most of them, put most of those back, buy one or two things, move to the next store, repeat. :rage: :eek:
:rolleyes: I get that with the cigars even.
Me: What cigar do you want?
Her: Just pick me one.
Me: uh ok.
Her:Your cigars always taste better than mine.
:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
My absolute favorite cigar. Wish I could get them here.

You are aware of certain dealers in Switzerland that will ship Cubans to the US? Cigarone/Top cubans I believe. Is there a chance to get caught?

BobC

indycop said:
:rolleyes: I get that with the cigars even.
Me: What cigar do you want?
Her: Just pick me one.
Me: uh ok.
Her:Your cigars always taste better than mine.
:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:
lol lol lol Yep

BobC

daizawaguy said:
You are aware of certain dealers in Switzerland that will ship Cubans to the US? Cigarone/Top cubans I believe. Is there a chance to get caught?

I was not aware. Cuban cigars are illegal in the US since 1963. I presume that anything shipped into the US from another country would be subject to customs inspection and, therefore, yes, there is a definite chance of getting caught. A friend of mine tried to bring some Cuban cigars back from the Bahamas ten years ago and was caught. The customs agents cut $300 worth of cigars into fourths and then threw them into the trash. Since then and every time we go through customs, he gets pulled aside for their special attention.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Last night - with a large glass of vintage port - I had the pleasure of a Vega Fina, Pyramid.....mmmmmmmm!
Double pleasure was that the evening was nice - but cool after the sun went down - so I could sit outside. Dressed in my Irvin, enjoying this great treat.

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Well, this thread in particular has convinced me to buy a pipe and some tobacco and give it a shot. I don't smoke cigarettes or cigars or anything, but I've always liked the dashing look of a pipe smoker. I bid .99 cents on an estate pipe on eBay and won! $5 something total. I'm not sure the brand or anything, but it says "Imported Briar" on the side. I went to Walgreen's and bought some El Cheapo tobacco, Blender's Gold Royal Cherry Cavendish. It's smokeable, but not very good at all. I just wanted to use it as a test run anyway. I got a giant bag for $8. I'll travel to the tobacco shop in the next town for something more palate-able in a few days. I'm not inhaling much of the smoke, so, I'm looking for something with a nice flavor and scent. This tobacco I bought doesn't smell any better than a cigarette. Anyway, here is the pipe and a shot of me enjoying.

IMG00126.jpg

IMG00125.jpg

BobC

Tonight I smoked a Hemingway classic, my first. I'm amazed at how relaxing it is to sit and enjoy a fine cigar with a glass of good scotch.

RedPop4

One Too Many
Hi guys.
I don't think it wise to mention vendors or sources of Cuban Cigars out in open forum like this.

The Tinder Box is a national chain, but the guy who owns that Tinder Box in Mobile, Roger McLain is a good guy. His son Charles is nice, as well. I've met them a few times in the last three years, but at events, never been in the shop. Spiridon knows him pretty well, also, I believe.

Schnottus

Grabow2.jpg

grabow.jpg

OtherPipe.jpg

Bought them on Ebay, they looked pretty rough until I handmade some nice stems out of acrylic to make them a bit more modern, now they make great smokers. Nothing smells as good as a fresh bowl of trout stream out of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen