Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Levallois

Practically Family
Last night it was a Padron 1926 Anniversary super-robusto - wonderful smoke on a beautiful 70 degree evening.

John

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
jamespowers said:
Good to know that. Thanks for the review. I'll have to get ahold of some of those. :D
I think you'll like them.
Probably knock the Campdraft right off IC's bean.
Smoked another last night and noted that the flavor
is surprisingly consistent throughout the smoke. A lot
of my favorite cigars build up flavor as they go.

Since I'm usually drinking more or less the same thing
with my cigar, I figure I should list the hat I'm wearing
when I smoke now. Last night it was the Bee "Custom
Beaver Blend" (7 1/2 LO). Stingies are for wearing after
the sun goes down.

BobC

daizawaguy said:
Half a bottle of champagne (Ernest Rappenaux) and a Partagas Series D Number 4...on the balcony - 17 degrees C...

My absolute favorite cigar. Wish I could get them here.

vonwotan

Practically Family
After dinner last night we each enjoyed a L.J. Peretti Co. 125th Anniversary Cigar produced in the Arturo Fuente factory. It is made with the binder and filler of the Fuente Don Carlos but with a Connecticut shade wrapper. A wonderful end to a gluttonous evening.

BobC

This afternoon I was compelled to take the Mrs. shopping for new clothes. The saving grace of the trip was that there is a Tinder Box in the mall we went to. I visited there and found two cigars I hadn't tried before, an Ashton Aged Madura corona and a Fuente Hemingway classic. I smoked the Ashton this evening and found it to be completely enjoyable along with a glass of my recently discovered Dalmore Cigar Malt. I'll save the Hemingway for another day when I can relax with it as well.

Kermez

A-List Customer
AF Hemingways

BobC said:
This afternoon I was compelled to take the Mrs. shopping for new clothes. The saving grace of the trip was that there is a Tinder Box in the mall we went to. I visited there and found two cigars I hadn't tried before, an Ashton Aged Madura corona and a Fuente Hemingway classic. I smoked the Ashton this evening and found it to be completely enjoyable along with a glass of my recently discovered Dalmore Cigar Malt. I'll save the Hemingway for another day when I can relax with it as well.

My in-laws live in Mobile, AL. IIRC, there's a cigar store there called the Tinder Box - I wonder if it's a chain or just a coincidence? I haven't been there since 2000 (I don't like to travel, and our house is bigger than their apartment, so I prefer them to visit us), but I recall them being rather pricey - at least half-again what I pay at cigar stores here. Bigger market (and stores), I suppose...

The Hemingways are of course excellent cigars, IMHO. For Christmas every year, they release both the Classic and Signature size in maduro - a personal favorite. Also during that time, they release the Untold Story (a bigger size than the others, only in maduro) and the Masterpiece (both in regular/camaroon and maduro).

Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael