Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

p51

One Too Many
Gotta ask this here, I guess. What is it with people and microbrews? People have to brag about all the odd brands they've had, especially when you won't have a clue of the names as they're from some other area.Beer is nothing special for me at all, especially American beers. I do admit I sometimes
like to down a bottle of Grolsch from time to time, but it's more to remind of my time in Holland than for the taste. Beer, generally, is not worth the water they put into it to me.
I think it's another pretentious thing for people to brag about. But I still don't get it. I routinely tell people who start that nonsense, "I really don't like beer and am not impressed with whatever odd label you've had," and that has NEVER worked to shut people up. People of their ilk (I hate ilk) don't even hear you saying that, it seems.
I'm not into wine either and I think these microbrew fans are a lot like wine snobs. And none of them understand that the rest of us don't care at all.

Had a tall frosty mug of Dos Equis with a Burrito at lunch today.
Tonight is cold longnecked SA Boston Lager with dinner. Two of my favorites, simply because I enjoy a good beer for the taste. I will often try a 'new to me' beer, but avoid some of the latest greatest silly named micro brews. Too gimmicky fer me...:p
HD

I will drink pretty near any beer someone else is buying, unless it is fruity flavored. I will also happily drink PBR, because as the saying goes....a beat up old car beats a brand new pair of shoes.

I will drink pretty near any beer someone else is buying, unless it is fruity flavored. I will also happily drink PBR, because as the saying goes....a beat up old car beats a brand new pair of shoes.

I don't care for the fruity (usually summer blends) either, also some, of what I consider, the overly hoppy brews. Sadly, to me, PBR tastes very little like it once did when I first started drinking beer. Not a lot of flavor, for my tastes. Of course, it's still much better than Keystone or Falstaff (just can't handle that swill)..even if it's free.
HD

I don't care for the fruity (usually summer blends) either, also some, of what I consider, the overly hoppy brews. Sadly, to me, PBR tastes very little like it once did when I first started drinking beer. Not a lot of flavor, for my tastes. Of course, it's still much better than Keystone or Falstaff (just can't handle that swill)..even if it's free.
HD
Aahh, the Keystone.
No better cure for constipation known to science. [emoji14]

What I had.
image.jpg
What she had.
image.jpg

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gotta ask this here, I guess. What is it with people and microbrews? People have to brag about all the odd brands they've had, especially when you won't have a clue of the names as they're from some other area.Beer is nothing special for me at all, especially American beers. I do admit I sometimes
like to down a bottle of Grolsch from time to time, but it's more to remind of my time in Holland than for the taste. Beer, generally, is not worth the water they put into it to me.
I think it's another pretentious thing for people to brag about. But I still don't get it. I routinely tell people who start that nonsense, "I really don't like beer and am not impressed with whatever odd label you've had," and that has NEVER worked to shut people up. People of their ilk (I hate ilk) don't even hear you saying that, it seems.
I'm not into wine either and I think these microbrew fans are a lot like wine snobs. And none of them understand that the rest of us don't care at all.

Well speaking as a dark beer, beer with actual flavor, and micro-brew fan, if you don't like beer (or wine) you won't like "better" beer any more than you like McDonald's beer. My grandfather died in about 1985 at about 90 years of age, so he drank before Prohibition. He stated that all of the beers he tasted (except 1) before Prohibition were better than modern beer. Most towns (Bluff Illinois had one for 1000 people) had their own brewery. The (except 1) is from a town that had skunky water to make their skunky beer with. Coors, especially like are sort of like fuzzy water to me. Less flavor than just about anything but water and 7-Up. I've made my own beer and it approaches some of the microbrews in flavor, there's is at least more consistent from case to case. We like beer, we don't worry that you don't, leaves more for us. If you're over 35 and don't like it now, you probably won't. My Mom NEVER tried beer, she was a Baptist. I doubt either of her parents tried it either.

Just my $0.02 and worth every penny...

Well speaking as a dark beer, beer with actual flavor, and micro-brew fan, if you don't like beer (or wine) you won't like "better" beer any more than you like McDonald's beer. My grandfather died in about 1985 at about 90 years of age, so he drank before Prohibition. He stated that all of the beers he tasted (except 1) before Prohibition were better than modern beer. Most towns (Bluff Illinois had one for 1000 people) had their own brewery. The (except 1) is from a town that had skunky water to make their skunky beer with. Coors, especially like are sort of like fuzzy water to me. Less flavor than just about anything but water and 7-Up. I've made my own beer and it approaches some of the microbrews in flavor, there's is at least more consistent from case to case. We like beer, we don't worry that you don't, leaves more for us. If you're over 35 and don't like it now, you probably won't. My Mom NEVER tried beer, she was a Baptist. I doubt either of her parents tried it either.

Just my $0.02 and worth every penny...

Yep.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters