Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotrod_elf

A-List Customer
The hat I won from Vintage Betty

Mebluehat.jpg
[/IMG]

MKL

A-List Customer
jimmy the lid said:
Nice lookin' lid, MKL. What can you tell us about it?

Cheers,
JtL

Hi Jimmy. Thanks.

It was an old stetson that I had that I think was an open road which was in pretty bad shape. I sent it to Art to make it look like it does presently. He did a great job on it.

Thanks again.

The Average Joe

New in Town
Sincde joining the FL earlier this week, I've dusted off my 2 fedoras I bought back in the mid 80's.

fljoe05.jpg

fljoe04.jpg

Today I pulled my Indiana Jones Stetson off the rack and went to the range with my son to get in some target practice.
I've never liked this hat. The brim snaps wrong and the crown not only tapers, it's to low for an Indiana Jones replica. It also looks to small on my head. BTW: I did the crown work myself.
Being bought in the mid 80's, the selection of a fedora was few and far between for a high school junior. Take into account there was no men's shop in my neck of the woods carrying a felt hat with a brim larger than 1" much more a brown one. Thank God for the internet and thank God for the Fed Deluxe and/or the Camptown Hat Company. I wish they'd been around when I was looking that Indy replica.
Now, thanks to the Fedora Lounge, I have so much of a sellection on line, I don't know where to begin in choosing new (and more improved) head gear.

Marty M.

Vendor
deanglen said:
Cold day! Out on hospital visit.

223890689_747778002_0_edited-1.jpg

Cap'n dean

Great cap Dean. Is it a Stormy? I would assume you were doing your Pastorial obligations for the hospital visit. You're a special guy my friend. I know that you gave the person that you visited some comfort.
God Bless,
Marty Mathis

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not a Stormy, but a $15 at Target aquistion. A terrific winter cap I truly enjoy and vintage looking enough to get some second looks from others. The wind whipping across the parking lot was glacial. And yes, I was carrying out my pastoral duties. Thank you for the undserved sentiments, Marty, your words reveal your qualities, as well, I might add.

dean

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Joe, your 80's fedora really doesn't look that bad. Many BCF hats look like that, and if you had told us it was a vintage Stetson we'd never have known just from the casual glance. I wore a light blue wide ribboned fedora in High School, too, and it must have been wool. I never checked back then. I don't know what happened to that hat. 1975 was long time ago. Nice to see someone who holds on to things. My wife does the same thing. She has clothes she wore in High School, still.

dean

RBH

Bartender
The Dutchman said:
Me on my way to church this morning.

JPhatandjacket.jpg

Jimmy Pierce beaver "Howard Hughes" style hat.
Wow Dutchman, I love that one. I do not remember seeing that fedora before.
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I was not able to get a photo this morning as I went to church. But we were kinda alike, I had my Wested denim with Adventurebilt and white shirt and tie.

Choeki

Familiar Face
Thanks for the compliments everyone!

RBH said:
Welcome to the Lounge Choeki !
Nice hat, I have seen a few Mayser brand hats. Is it a common brand where you are at?

Sadly, it's not. Basically I bought the last of the hats in my town's shops as they all phased out their hat inventory. The only ones that can be found now (new at least) are no-name Chinese made wool felt hats in the "punk" shops near the station. Since they only carry 58cm and "universal size" (basically a little too big for me), I suppose I would have to make a special trip to Tokyo to buy any more. However, I have yet to search for any real haberdashery in town. There's a good possibility that there may be one since there are mostly older, retired people living in the countryside that worked in a variety of obsolete industries (not as bad as "buggy whips," but close). For example, there are a lot of real watchmakers in town that used to work for Seiko and Citizen in the 1960's and 70's that can do a full overhaul of a mechanical watch for around $60 USD, as well as at least one old world style tailor that still makes suits by hand (alas, too expensive for me at $1500 USD a pop).

Fatdutchman

Practically Family
indycop said:
Awesome!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Lovin all the brown!!:eusa_clap

Just about everything I wear must be brown or blue. Maybe a green shirt sometimes, but I'm usually very much a study in brown. While I do have one gray hat and another on the way, every other hat I have is some form of brown/tan.

This is my Jimmy Pierce beaver hat. It stays in the box and is only worn on occasion.
JPD-Hughes3.jpg

This is about as snazzily dressed as I get. Right now, I don't really have ANY "dress" clothes. I'm a poor workin' man. While I will spend money on hats or the occasional leather jacket, I don't even own a suit! Currently, I only have one pair of dress-ish pants that fit me (the brown corduroy ones above). All the khakis and things I had before are all now too large for me. Same with dress shirts.

I do need to get myself at least one suit...if I can find one in a brown pinstripe... Modern suits generally are available in black, gray, navy, and MAYBE some sort of tan...almost never brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner