Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Thanks on both accounts, IC. I really like the black hat Mike made for me, but I'd almost be willing to say I like this one even more. I think Mike is making better hats all the time. I think this one really looks a lot like a whippet...2 1/2 inch brim, wide brim binding. Slightly narrower ribbon though. But when I saw this ribbon at his shop, I knew I couldn't pass it up and I knew it had to go on a moss green hat.
Those striped ribbons are giving you a whole new category to start collecting!lol :D

theinterchange

One Too Many
BobC said:
Today's hat. My green Buckaroo, and my newest felt. It has a very whippetesque look to it, I think.

IMG_0132_2.jpg

That's quite a hat, I really like the ribbon, too! Hmm striped ribbons!

Randy

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BobC said:
Sweet lids, Mr. P and CRH. I think I have one just like them. We should all hit the same party together sometime. ;)

I agree! The Whippet seems to be one of the best of the vintage styles for crown, ribbon, bow, and brim widths. CRH, I'm glad our sizes are different, otherwise the hat check girl could be terribly vexed!

Bob, I love that green Buckaroo; super ribbon and great style! :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Levallois said:
Finally got to wear the teal-colored S.L. Bird and Son's hat to a party last night. Lots of nice compliments.

John

12-10-09hat003.jpg

And well you should have received comps; very nice and with that tie as well!

MrP, RLK, BobC, Levallois, Redhawks2, AlanC, CRH and GClark. Great hats / looks! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

billysmom

One Too Many
All you gentlemen are sporting fantastic lids! Well done - and also terrific coordination with the rest of your ensembles. (Especially like the teal hat-tie combo!)

Sue

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
I wore this puppy today. I don't think I've put this one up before, but I scored it on the bay a few months ago. Most recently is travelled to Michigan to visit my friend, Jimmy, who worked his magic on it for me. Thank you, Jimmy!

IMG_0130.jpg

This one's a medium gray with a same color gray ribbon and brim binding.

You're most welcome, Bob! That Whippet looks great on you. I am a huge fan of the gray ribbon on gray felt look -- and the combo on your lid is fantastic. Whippet proportions changed over the years, but this one really has the classic crown proportions. [Incidentally, as gtdean noted, I did move the brim break back toward the rear of the hat a bit ;)].

Congrats on a terrific vintage lid.

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
There are some really great hats today! Standouts seem to me to be rlk's Coronet, AlanC's Churchill OR clone, and gtd's Roadmaster crease.

Court today (again) in my Stetson Whippet:
CourtWhippet001.jpg

That one suits you well, Mr. P. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot