Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimmy the lid said:
Plenty of snow last night. Just finished shoveling out! :eek: :D

Royal DeLuxe Open Road...

RDOpRd.jpg

Cheers,
JtL
And a one-eyed Douglas to boot!!! Love that color against the snow. Excellent lid, Chief... :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Pilot99

Familiar Face
Salty O'Rourke said:
Thanks, Pilot - it's a Knox Premier, not sure what the model name is. Brim is 2.75", crown as bashed is 4.5" in front. Brim binding is .25" and the ribbon is a bit over an inch. I posted more pics in the School of Hard Knox thread a week or so back. The color is kind of a Palomino tan, not quite as golden as my photo makes it look. It's a nice change of pace from the usual brown or gray.

Yeah, I really like that Palomino Tan, If I can find one I really like that shade I am definitely grabbing it.

Pilot99

Familiar Face
I posted a couple of pics of this hat under the penman hats post, here's me wearing it today. This is the watchmen fedora that Rorschach wore.

img1377f.jpg

Chinaski

One Too Many
Pilot99 said:
I posted a couple of pics of this hat under the penman hats post, here's me wearing it today. This is the watchmen fedora that Rorschach wore.

img1377f.jpg

If that gets any stingier you'll be wearing a fez! It works, though :eusa_clap

Pilot99

Familiar Face
Chinaski said:
If that gets any stingier you'll be wearing a fez! It works, though :eusa_clap

Haha, right? yeah but I absolutely love it to death, feels great on my head and I think it looks great. Not much else to ask for in my opinion.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
This is an early 50's Royal Stetson -- very nice felt. I used to refer to the ribbon as a "super thin-ribbon", but, based on some recent catalogue postings, it seems that the correct term for this ribbon may be "1-cord". I wear this one brim-down all around...

RS1-Cord.jpg

RSLiner.jpg

RSDC.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Stan

A-List Customer
jimmy the lid said:
This is an early 50's Royal Stetson -- very nice felt. I used to refer to the ribbon as a "super thin-ribbon", but, based on some recent catalogue postings, it seems that the correct term for this ribbon is "1-cord". I wear this one brim-down all around...

Cheers,
JtL

Hi,

Looks like a 2-ligne ribbon which is about the same width as a single cord on the C'boy hats. If that makes any sense to anyone else.....

It's one sweet-looking hat!

I only have one roll of 2-ligne ribbon and it's white - so one woould have to dye it to get what one wants. I've never trimmed a hat with it, though, as it always seemed *too* thin.

That'd fit with my current penchant of using 6, 9 and 12-ligne on my reworks-for-me, but having seen these photos, I may have to give some of that 2-ligne a go on something soon! :)

later!

Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails