Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite aircraft of all time?

Tony in Tarzana said:
Mike, you centre picture is a C-17 Globemaster III, the last military aircraft designed by the late great Douglas Aircraft Company before it was swallowed by some outfit in Seattle.

You mean "the late great Douglas before it was swallowed by a piece-of-sewage outfit in St. Louis that then bought a big-name in Seattle with their own money 'cause Seattle company's CEO was just a meat-puppet for St. Louis company's CEO.":rage:

mikepara

Practically Family
C 17 Of course, hehe You'll have to forgive me, the similarities got me... Still once you've been sucked out the door of a jet you tend not to take too much notice of the design details!

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Harp said:
Rather go out the back ramp than side door exit...and jumping from a Hook
is a long, long drop....lol
I don't know about you, but I've never had any desire to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane (and that's despite the fact I own a parachute).

Warden

One Too Many
Although WW1 aircraft are not my 'thing' English Heritage staged a wonderful WW1 dog fight with 9 aircraft for this years Festvial of History.

It is on You Tube, click here to see.

Pip pip

Harry

Danny L

New in Town
Most instrumental: B-52
b52_04.jpg

All-time favorite: B-36 with B-58 a close second.
b36a.jpg

Ecuador Jim

A-List Customer
rongoms said:
Gotta be the Corsair.

It's lines are just so....perfect. (to me)

there's just something about it.....

grenchen06f4u4corsair.jpg

Yep, she has a certain style that is hard to explain.

I'd add the PBY Catalina; form followed function on the design, but the aircraft has an elegance that "sings" to me

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Warden said:
Look, look the Vulcan's back after 14 years!!!

See Sky news report here

1600216.jpg

Harry

Great looking aircraft the Vulcan Warden, but I would not like to be a crew member in the back when an emergency happens. Alright for the pilot and co-pilot they can bang out but the other 3 poor buggers in the back didn't have it so easy!

Marv

A-List Customer
For me it has to be the Hawker Hurricane, the unsung hero of the Battle of Britain and as the pilots who flew them often said, it was a good old sturdy workhorse with an excellent gun platform that could give out and take a hell of a lot of punishment and still get you back home in one piece.....:eusa_clap

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Marv said:
For me it has to be the Hawker Hurrincane, the unsung hero of the Battle of Britain and as the pilots who flew them often said, it was a good old sturdy workhorse with an excellent gun platform that could give out and take a hell of a lot of punishment and still get you back home in one piece.....:eusa_clap

Hear hear Marv! :eusa_clap

Dominic

One of the Regulars
As far as propeller planes go, I have a soft spot for the P40-N Warhawk and the P-51D Mustang. For jets, it's the Arrow.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo