Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
No pics yet, but I broke down and went back to the New To You thrift store in town and picked up a dark brown Jos. A. Banks leather jacket. I missed the orange tag on it, so didn't realize it was on sale for 50% off. I would have grabbed it Friday if I had noticed that.

It's a nice jacket, heavy but smooth leather with quality stitching, zippers, and removable liner. Two outside pockets with snap closures and two inside pockets for my wallet, phone, etc. The outside pockets have open backs for warming your hands.

Fits much better than my $24.99 Phase 2 jacket and very little noticeable wear. $65 out the door and seems like a bargain at the price.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
No pics yet, but I broke down and went back to the New To You thrift store in town and picked up a dark brown Jos. A. Banks leather jacket. I missed the orange tag on it, so didn't realize it was on sale for 50% off. I would have grabbed it Friday if I had noticed that.

It's a nice jacket, heavy but smooth leather with quality stitching, zippers, and removable liner. Two outside pockets with snap closures and two inside pockets for my wallet, phone, etc. The outside pockets have open backs for warming your hands.

Fits much better than my $24.99 Phase 2 jacket and very little noticeable wear. $65 out the door and seems like a bargain at the price.
I think I know the brown leather jackets which you bought, they've been selling something unchanged for several years. They seem like a good solid value jacket, if a bit unexciting. Looking forward to pics.

barnabus

One Too Many
The warm enough/cool enough ratio is just right for this Cresco jacket.
DSCN1494 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN1498 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN1499 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
What's the jacket weather in your neck of the woods?
DSCN1522 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Michael
Wowsers!

You know Michael I've been counting up from your recent posts and have calculated that you have just over a million jackets and coats. How do you find space to store them all? I have less than a dozen and still have to keep some in the spare room.

Corky Corcovado

Practically Family
0403171459d~3.jpg
Aero 1950's Half Belt in Connolly Steerhide

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Wowsers!

You know Michael I've been counting up from your recent posts and have calculated that you have just over a million jackets and coats. How do you find space to store them all? I have less than a dozen and still have to keep some in the spare room.
You have a spare room? Lucky you. I used to have a spare room, albeit a very small one. Then I had a walk in closet. Now I have a step in closet, albeit with a whole lot of clothes in it.

Tomorrow is supposed to be cold so I think I will be wearing another Cresco coat that I just got the other day. What can I say, I'm weak. Ha ha.

Michael

Pssh I wish! There is a Lot tag but no model #.
View attachment 71348

618? Moderate sheen to the leather. Early 80s judging by the YKK center zip and label design?

Missing half the belt but as you know, it's my karma coming back to cut me....

No snaps on the collar would indicate a 613 but I think they'd made a line of 618's without it too in the past. It's definitely Steerhide. Bull label with flag on the right side... Yeah, early 80's.

It fits you great, Nick!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn