Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
just under 23” from collar down and
Cool one, T.

Very comfortable pattern on this guy. W-collar motorcycle design on an A-2 chassis. Coolest mashup ever!

I've got both the Sears and Windward version of this.

Did they make yours a little longer, right?

View attachment 544818
a little over 24” with the collar. I remember the sears catalogue called these at 24” length, so sounds about right. Measures short/narrow but wears longer/wider. Blockbilt did an excellent job bringing this one back.

Thanks to @Mich486 again For this amazing jacket.

Man it's still very choppy just now.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Could not resist this little Sportster at a reasonable price on ebay.

PXL_20230907_181526358~3.jpg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Best cr ever made imo. Yes better than the Buco j100.
I had two that were too large and sold them. This one is tagged 38, and my size. I figured I should have this classic in my closet, since seller was not asking for much money. Lots of grain on it too, I will try to capture it with a better camera.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I had two that were too large and sold them. This one is tagged 38, and my size. I figured I should have this classic in my closet, since seller was not asking for much money. Lots of grain on it too, I will try to capture it with a better camera.
Prices seem to have gone up for these lately but they're still about 1/3 of the price of a j100.

I love the hourglass shape and the generous upper sleeves. It's probably the most comfortable cafe racer pattern I've ever tried.

barnabus

One Too Many

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
The vintage Sears Hercules finally arrived. As expected, construction and repair condition is less than great, but I knew that going in. It would have been too expensive if it were in great condition. Plus side is that the leather is absolutely incredible. It's old and has some damage and a hole, but nothing is fried. The leather is thick, supple, and with some incredibly nice grain. This might be the heaviest hide I've ever owned.

The jacket will certainly need more repairs in the future, but it's certainly wearable now which is what I care about. On that front, it actually fits really well. It does have that pot belly effect when zipped up fully so I'll mostly be wearing it unzipped or maybe half zipped up from not on. Otherwise, the fit is good for me. Shoulders are perfect, chest has enough room, and the sleeves are even reasonable.

Overall, I'm quite happy. I've said it before, but I honestly never thought I'd ever be able to obtain one of these. Even this heavily flawed example is a dream come true.

I will post some more detailed photos in the future so we can try to determine the actual model year. The seller is pretty convinced it's a 1942 model. The liner and all the zippers are replacements so thay makes it more difficult.

Anyway, here are some fit pics.

DSC02856.jpg
DSC02873.jpg
DSC02847.jpg
DSC02831.jpg
DSC02828 (1).jpg
DSC02758.jpg
DSC02819 (1).jpg
DSC02766 (1).jpg
DSC02810 (1).jpg
DSC02825.jpg

jeo

One Too Many
The vintage Sears Hercules finally arrived. As expected, construction and repair condition is less than great, but I knew that going in. It would have been too expensive if it were in great condition. Plus side is that the leather is absolutely incredible. It's old and has some damage and a hole, but nothing is fried. The leather is thick, supple, and with some incredibly nice grain. This might be the heaviest hide I've ever owned.

The jacket will certainly need more repairs in the future, but it's certainly wearable now which is what I care about. On that front, it actually fits really well. It does have that pot belly effect when zipped up fully so I'll mostly be wearing it unzipped or maybe half zipped up from not on. Otherwise, the fit is good for me. Shoulders are perfect, chest has enough room, and the sleeves are even reasonable.

Overall, I'm quite happy. I've said it before, but I honestly never thought I'd ever be able to obtain one of these. Even this heavily flawed example is a dream come true.

I will post some more detailed photos in the future so we can try to determine the actual model year. The seller is pretty convinced it's a 1942 model. The liner and all the zippers are replacements so thay makes it more difficult.

View attachment 545039 View attachment 545040 View attachment 545041 View attachment 545042 View attachment 545044 View attachment 545045 View attachment 545046 View attachment 545047 View attachment 545048 View attachment 545050

Wow what a jacket! Fits great too! As disappointed I was it wasn’t my size, I’m stoked it worked out for you my man. Enjoy it!

View attachment 545039 View attachment 545040 View attachment 545041 View attachment 545042 View attachment 545044 View attachment 545045 View attachment 545046 View attachment 545047 View attachment 545048 View attachment 545050
Fit looks perfect and from I can see the jacket looks to be in great shape for an 80 year old man! You did VERY well!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up

Wow! Killer jacket/outfit.
Congrats on the jacket. It looks to be in very good shape too. I always prefer the arrow shaped cuffs on this version. Does it still have the wool rain neck guard? Post some more photos in the Iconic Hercules thread please.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Wow what a jacket! Fits great too! As disappointed I was it wasn’t my size, I’m stoked it worked out for you my man. Enjoy it!

Being the size above you has been advantageous for me. Thanks for the major assist!!

Fit looks perfect and from I can see the jacket looks to be in great shape for an 80 year old man! You did VERY well!

The stitching and repairs are sloppy, but the leather is so nice thay it doesn't look bad from a distance.

Wow! Killer jacket/outfit.
Congrats on the jacket. It looks to be in very good shape too. I always prefer the arrow shaped cuffs on this version. Does it still have the wool rain neck guard? Post some more photos in the Iconic Hercules thread please.

It has the wool under the outside of the collar, but no it does not have the inner neck rain guard anymore unfortunately. They ripped out the entire original liner.

Chris_K

One of the Regulars

Just perfect in every way man, I'd love to see one of these vintage Sears up close. I actually really like it zipped as much as unzipped. Just the way they were worn, slightly fuller more classic proportions all round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred