Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Mysteryo

One Too Many
Whitefeather's "Lukas" jacket HH
341d1dcd96175bfb1f53b882a15636f1.jpg

Woodyear

Familiar Face
Pointer Brand Hickory Stripe Chore Coat

5iAAsERh.jpg
dWDqlW9h.jpg
pQqJ2zch.jpg

Casechopper, I've already had to buy a Naked and Famous Noragi because of you, now it's looking very likely that I'm going to get one of these pointer brand chore coats as well, possibly the band collar version. I feel almost guilty aping your style but these items are simply too great not to. You have a great eye man, and I've wanted to tell you that for quite some time.

Much cooler temps along with gusty winds. My AVI LTHR capeskin A-1 is the perfect weight for wearing today:

WJAYWT_2.JPG

This looks lovely, and the color looks considerably different than on the site, much lighter. I think I may have one of these in my future as well.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Casechopper, I've already had to buy a Naked and Famous Noragi because of you, now it's looking very likely that I'm going to get one of these pointer brand chore coats as well, possibly the band collar version. I feel almost guilty aping your style but these items are simply too great not to. You have a great eye man, and I've wanted to tell you that for quite some time.

This looks lovely, and the color looks considerably different than on the site, much lighter. I think I may have one of these in my future as well.

Hi Woodyear, thanks for the compliment. Which noragi did you get? Pointer Brand makes nice jackets. One thing to keep in mind is that my hickory stripe chore coat is made with Pointers old hickory stripe fabric from China. I don't believe they use this any more and have switched to USA made fabric that has a wider stripe. My jacket has also been washed around a dozen times which has lightened it quite a bit. Be careful about sizing on these. My chore coat is a size large and I wear a size XL in almost every other brand and XXL in many Levi's jackets. The fabric also shrinks significantly so if you get a jacket and it feels a little big before washing then you're probably good. If it fits tight before washing then it won't fit after washing.

Gamma68

One Too Many

Thanks for the compliment. Please note that I opted for the brown (not seal brown) version of this jacket. I also swapped the plastic backing buttons out for bone buttons. This change really enhances the jacket aesthetically, in my opinion.

For just over $200 with free shipping and returns, I don't think you can go wrong.

Woodyear

Familiar Face
Hi Woodyear, thanks for the compliment. Which noragi did you get? Pointer Brand makes nice jackets. One thing to keep in mind is that my hickory stripe chore coat is made with Pointers old hickory stripe fabric from China. I don't believe they use this any more and have switched to USA made fabric that has a wider stripe. My jacket has also been washed around a dozen times which has lightened it quite a bit. Be careful about sizing on these. My chore coat is a size large and I wear a size XL in almost every other brand and XXL in many Levi's jackets. The fabric also shrinks significantly so if you get a jacket and it feels a little big before washing then you're probably good. If it fits tight before washing then it won't fit after washing.

I noticed that about the wider stripe, I wasn't sure if it was just because stripes are hard to see sometimes in photography or what. That's super helpful to know, also the sizing info is helpful as I can't figure out whether to go for a small or a medium. Typically I always wear a medium but I've heard people say they run large, but then I've also heard people say they shrink in the wash so I'm a bit unsure. As for the Noragi, I got the Naked and Famous Indigo speckle dye basket weave kimono shirt in blue. I really enjoy it, and find it surprisingly easy to wear as a lightweight jacket.

Temperature drop down under 70, wearing my Lost Worlds test indoor this morning
2e9f5222055ca227216af7c0245f8a69.jpg

Not selling anymore? This fit has greatly improved as it's getting broken in more, originally it looked quite large no? Glad you're not selling, I think this will be quite nice the more you wear it.

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
Not selling anymore? This fit has greatly improved as it's getting broken in more, originally it looked quite large no? Glad you're not selling, I think this will be quite nice the more you wear it.

The thing is I really couldn't find any jacket to substitute LW 4oz + jacket. I gained few pounds also, the problem of test is the huge sleeve and sleeve opening, I think size 42 would be perfect for me in LW.

Woodyear

Familiar Face
The thing is I really couldn't find any jacket to substitute LW 4oz + jacket. I gained few pounds also, the problem of test is the huge sleeve and sleeve opening, I think size 42 would be perfect for me in LW.

Have you considered having it altered? A normal tailor wouldn't be able to because of the nature of 4oz leather but perhaps Stu himself would be willing? Also cobblers have machines which can easily sew through leather that heavy but I'd be hesitant to trust them to do a sleeve alteration unless they were adamant that they were very experienced in that kind of thing.

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
Have you considered having it altered? A normal tailor wouldn't be able to because of the nature of 4oz leather but perhaps Stu himself would be willing? Also cobblers have machines which can easily sew through leather that heavy but I'd be hesitant to trust them to do a sleeve alteration unless they were adamant that they were very experienced in that kind of thing.

I did asked him and he said it might be possible, I will probably send the test to him to shorten the sleeve opening. But it is not going to be cheap I'm afraid.

A-1

One Too Many
My wife still thinks I'm potentially latent gay. Which is worse?

Why? Because you like clothing and care what you look like? I mean the clothing that we wear and talk about here is more like craft and artisanship than fashion anyway. But come on, we live in the 21st century and we're definitely not the first generation of non-female persons caring about what we wear.

Plus, I must say I'm really happy this forum exists as I have almost no friends whom I can talk about stuff like we do here. And it's really cool that this forum has people from all over the world and different ages.

When everything's collapsing, trust the kids!
- www.zekimin.com -

A-1

One Too Many
This like new Thedi Horse Hide jacket. The horse is so soft, it's more like lambskin. Haha. Really pliable and soft. The jacket is quite tight but really comfy due to the leather. It's a bit like my first leather jacket, what has become the cadet for BK now. The sleeves are definitely on the short side but I actually prefer shorter sleeves. But that's just me maybe. In all my jackets that can do it I pull them up even. It's not possible here with the storm cuffs.
Thanks to J for his patient assistance in the sale! Here are some pics.

8daa6c9e509b53b6d55a63888784cbc5.jpg

588400f1d21618ddb113cbb34a5d3dec.jpg

375ba5e1cc2090aa76a8a81490aae1df.jpg

- www.zekimin.com -

This like new Thedi Horse Hide jacket. The horse is so soft, it's more like lambskin. Haha. Really pliable and soft. The jacket is quite tight but really comfy due to the leather. It's a bit like my first leather jacket, what has become the cadet for BK now. The sleeves are definitely on the short side but I actually prefer shorter sleeves. But that's just me maybe. In all my jackets that can do it I pull them up even. It's not possible here with the storm cuffs.

- www.zekimin.com -
Stellar fit @A-1 !!!!

nick123

I'll Lock Up

- www.zekimin.com -

Oh boy. Total winner. And you look happy. Stoked for you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters