Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

thor

One Too Many
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_9286.JPG

September 12, 2017, the official book launch of "Dust to Deliverance" by Jessica DuLong, a collection of interviews and stories of the many boat captains and crews and their actions on 9/11. The event was held aboard the working museum ship JOHN J. HARVEY (1934 FDNY Fireboat) here in NYC. Since I was interviewed for the book I figured I should attend the event (sporting my Orchard G-1 jacket, once worn by a P-3 Orion pilot).

Last edited:

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Back up into the 80's for about the next ten days. Soooooo....sweaty t-shirt and angry face. Everybody is saying how lovely the weather is....
View attachment 86028
Ha ha, I was just going to post a rant on the same subject. Looks like it's building toward another year where we go straight from shorts to a parka. I'm very annoyed.

Michael

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Ok so this is actually from about 1.5 weeks back, in one of my favorite places of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I took this shot at Point Isabella, along the Eastern side of the Houghton to Copper Harbor arm, in Keweenaw County. This is Snow-country, with an average of ~200+ inches per year. I am a huge fan of Lake Superior, and I had not seen many shots of Aero jackets actually in the wilds. This is a 30's HB that I bought from Monitor a while back in Cordovan FQHH. The matching and contrasting colors in the rocks at the edge of the lake are real, not a photoshop job...

DSC_0542.JPG

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Ok so this is actually from about 1.5 weeks back, in one of my favorite places of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I took this shot at Point Isabella, along the Eastern side of the Houghton to Copper Harbor arm, in Keweenaw County. This is Snow-country, with an average of ~200+ inches per year. I am a huge fan of Lake Superior, and I had not seen many shots of Aero jackets actually in the wilds. This is a 30's HB that I bought from Monitor a while back in Cordovan FQHH. The matching and contrasting colors in the rocks at the edge of the lake are real, not a photoshop job...

View attachment 86062

You need the Aero "campfire" label in that jacket! Lol. Great pic and jacket.

Woodyear

Familiar Face
Pointer Brand Chore Coat

lW9KiZJh.jpg
gtESlgLh.jpg

Wow so you have both the band collar and the regular collar versions of this. If you don't mind me asking, which do you prefer and why? I'm definitely still considering picking up one of these two although they no longer carry the thin stripe versions which you have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21