Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
850DD275-B6C9-4624-BC96-DA41686A54C9.jpeg

In the low ‘fifties, today, but the strong, wet north wind makes it feel much colder. Vintage buffalo-plaid lined Trucker and a ‘70s OR. And a 1930s square-necked resonator that I’m struggling to master.

AF

Gamma68

One Too Many
View attachment 92903

In the low ‘fifties, today, but the strong, wet north wind makes it feel much colder. Vintage buffalo-plaid lined Trucker and a ‘70s OR. And a 1930s square-necked resonator that I’m struggling to master.

AF

That's a GREAT photo, AF. Glad to see a fellow guitar player in the lounge, too. I think I'll pull out my Martin OM-18V later today.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
93B51809-45ED-42A3-B661-E13AF83471D8.jpeg

That's a GREAT photo, AF. Glad to see a fellow guitar player in the lounge, too. I think I'll pull out my Martin OM-18V later today.

Thanks! And I do love Martin OM guitars. I have a few acoustics that were more expensive than my OM-15, but none that are more played. Hands down, this is my favorite guitar.

AF

Mich486

One Too Many
WJAYWT_14.JPG

WJAYWT_15.JPG

We had a record low this morning and temps will not rise above freezing. This weather calls for the heavy stuff.

Circa late 1940s-early 1950s Woolrich hunt coat. Immaculate condition.

How is the status of woolrich as a brand in the us nowadays? I’m asking as apparently in Europe the woolrich brand has been bought by some Italian company if I’m not mistaken. The artic parka they make is real quality stuff although I’m not sure how that relates to the origin of the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamma68

One Too Many
How is the status of woolrich as a brand in the us nowadays? I’m asking as apparently in Europe the woolrich brand has been bought by some Italian company if I’m not mistaken. The artic parka they make is real quality stuff although I’m not sure how that relates to the origin of the brand.

Just my two cents, but my opinion of present-day Woolrich is not very high. Unfortunately, production of almost all their products (except some blankets) is now overseas. Of those, I've only handled flannel shirts and jackets, and the quality just isn't there. Their garments feel cheap to me. I have no experience with their parkas.

I think the same could be said for Eddie Bauer flannels, but I'm also not familiar with their parkas.

Vintage made-in-the-USA Woolrich clothing is as good as they come, IMO.

Gamma68

One Too Many
View attachment 92905

Thanks! And I do love Martin OM guitars. I have a few acoustics that were more expensive than my OM-15, but none that are more played. Hands down, this is my favorite guitar.

AF

Very nice! I have an old arch top mahogany Harmony (with a one-piece back) that's set up for playing slide.

I also have an Adams parlor guitar with spruce top and mahogany back/sides. Circa 1900.

Maybe we should start a new thread called WGAYPT (what guitar are you playing today).

Here's my OM-18V:
Martin_4.JPG

Martin_5.JPG

A-1

One Too Many
Very nice! I have an old arch top mahogany Harmony (with a one-piece back) that's set up for playing slide.

I also have an Adams parlor guitar with spruce top and mahogany back/sides. Circa 1900.

Maybe we should start a new thread called WGAYPT (what guitar are you playing today).

Here's my OM-18V:
Martin_4.JPG

Martin_5.JPG

Love your guitars. The OM is just the perfect body size in aesthetics. Very sexy!
And that’s a great idea for a thread!
I’d post pics of my Gibson 12-Fret Advanced Jumbo every day. Only guitar I’m playing. Haha.
bb158942cd9f6327ca8f68ef36e47741.jpg

Trust the Kids

Last edited:

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Well, now. We both love Martin OMs...we both like slide guitar and we both have early 1900s, oak rocking chairs. You suppose we’re somehow kin folk? :)

8247D326-355B-4A3C-8C74-5690C22D3ADC.jpeg

Here's my OM-18V:
Martin_4.JPG

Martin_5.JPG

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany