Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Rabbithunter

New in Town
My new Aero Premier Highwayman

ever since I got some samples of the italian horsehide from Aero I knew I had to get a jacket made of this.
When I had the opportunity to grab this jacket in the sales section I didn't hesitate.

Unfortunately it's still way too hot for that jacket so it has seen no wear till now.

As advertized the Premier Highwayman has a trim fit - about one size smaller than my usual fit for a Highwayman. But it's nice for wearing over s shirt.

DSC_0001.JPG DSC_0005.JPG DSC_0007.JPG

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
This was yesterday, didn't get around to posting till now. Vanson AR3 jacket, which is their Model A with option for shoulder, elbow and back armour pads. Mine is customised with America stripes and smaller shoulder gussets instead of their usual Model-A full-action-back.

View attachment 56887
Great looking jacket....possible to see a pic of the back?

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
View attachment 56338 Vanson Commander. I look like I'm on drugs.

Vanso really do do a sharp jacket. Do they put the pockets for armouring in their lancer-fronts?

In the low 60's this morning. Wore my first jacket of the Fall. My green mismatched orphaned jacket.

IMG_1070_zps8a23f03c.jpg

Worf

That's quite something, that jacket. I really like that green colour. Saw a Perfecto type many years ago which was in a similar leather, really worked.

This was yesterday, didn't get around to posting till now. Vanson AR3 jacket, which is their Model A with option for shoulder, elbow and back armour pads. Mine is customised with America stripes and smaller shoulder gussets instead of their usual Model-A full-action-back.

View attachment 56887

Nice. Nice bike, too.... What's it like riding with the exhaust that high up your leg?

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Great looking jacket....possible to see a pic of the back?

Thank you!
Here you go! All armor pads are in place - back, shoulders, elbows. In today's age of d3o, seesoft, etc, these Vanson pads are on the stiff, bulky side, but once I wear the jacket and am moving around, I don't notice the pads much.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer

Nice. Nice bike, too.... What's it like riding with the exhaust that high up your leg?

Thank you! The exhausts do get a bit warm but the heat shields help. The factory OEM exhausts are bigger and in the same place. Although largely a styling exercise, as many of these Bonnie Scrambler don't see much hardcore off-road use, but when you do take them on dirt tracks, the increased clearance afforded by these high pipes do help a lot. Finally, I love the look, have wanted one for the longest time, and when Triumph announced the phasing-out of their old air-cooled engine, I quickly got off the fence and picked one up. However, Triumph plans to bring back the Scrambler next year based on their new Street Twin platform, and I must say, having tried out the Street Twin, it's one sweet bike!

bluesforchallah

Practically Family

View attachment 56887

Nice bike!

Not to derail the topic, just thought I'd share mine. :D

IMG_2189_zpsnve0tdr9.jpg

88F55701-CA30-402B-A212-C1E08CB5AD7D_zpsfcb87l3q.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner