Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
@bluesforchallah
And I like your shoes. :D

Thanks! The shoes are just your standard 10 hole Dr. Martens. This boot has been a regular staple of mine since about '87.

EE318B41-F6C1-4630-BB50-E7A02310CB4A_zpsd8pzbw8m.jpg

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Nice bike!

Not to derail the topic, just thought I'd share mine. :D

IMG_2189_zpsnve0tdr9.jpg

88F55701-CA30-402B-A212-C1E08CB5AD7D_zpsfcb87l3q.jpg

Love your bike! This color and the matte green from a few years ago were my first choices, but the black one was available so grabbed that one. It was tough deciding between an Arrow and a Zard exhaust, eventually went with the shorty Zards.

Oh and love your club sweater too. I have a similar plain Dehen one, need to break it in this cold weather.

Edward

Bartender
Thank you! The exhausts do get a bit warm but the heat shields help. The factory OEM exhausts are bigger and in the same place. Although largely a styling exercise, as many of these Bonnie Scrambler don't see much hardcore off-road use, but when you do take them on dirt tracks, the increased clearance afforded by these high pipes do help a lot. Finally, I love the look, have wanted one for the longest time, and when Triumph announced the phasing-out of their old air-cooled engine, I quickly got off the fence and picked one up. However, Triumph plans to bring back the Scrambler next year based on their new Street Twin platform, and I must say, having tried out the Street Twin, it's one sweet bike!

Definitely makes sense keeping them up there once you go off-road! It's hard to beat Triumph's aesthic - for me, only royal Enfield can still match 'em on that front. The starter bike I'm looking into is largely based on Triumph aesthetics - like a baby Bonnie, or maybe a 21st century equivalent of a Tigercub...

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
Definitely makes sense keeping them up there once you go off-road! It's hard to beat Triumph's aesthic - for me, only royal Enfield can still match 'em on that front. The starter bike I'm looking into is largely based on Triumph aesthetics - like a baby Bonnie, or maybe a 21st century equivalent of a Tigercub...

Hey, something like the Mash Motorcycles? Saw a bunch of these on Paris streets last time I was there. Stylish little retro bikes! I think now they come in everything form 175 to 400 cc?
http://www.mashmotorcycles.co.uk

And yes, Royal Enfield are quite stylish - I live in South Asia, RE country, they're all over the place :)

Edward

Bartender
Hey, something like the Mash Motorcycles? Saw a bunch of these on Paris streets last time I was there. Stylish little retro bikes! I think now they come in everything form 175 to 400 cc?
http://www.mashmotorcycles.co.uk

And yes, Royal Enfield are quite stylish - I live in South Asia, RE country, they're all over the place :)

Similar - I'm looking at the Mutt Mongrel currently. http://www.muttmotorcycles.com/bikes/ Something of a ratbike vibe to it. Got to start with a 125 for learner legal in the UK, though they also have 250 models now.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
Love your bike! This color and the matte green from a few years ago were my first choices, but the black one was available so grabbed that one. It was tough deciding between an Arrow and a Zard exhaust, eventually went with the shorty Zards.

If I had it to do over again, I would probably have gone with the Zard. I like the Arrow, but I think the Zard fits the look of the Scrambler better.

Oh and love your club sweater too. I have a similar plain Dehen one, need to break it in this cold weather.

That's who we (the club) had do our sweaters. The patch on the front and the lettering on the back are chenille patches stitched to the sweater. A little pricey, but top notch for sure.

Simple water-repellent, brown coal-coloured cotton/poly winter-jacket (not closed! ;)), today.

I like these classic "city-(winter)jackets" very much, especially because of their absolute ultra-robustness. It's the same thing, like on the popular M65-jacket. :)

Thank you!
Here you go! All armor pads are in place - back, shoulders, elbows. In today's age of d3o, seesoft, etc, these Vanson pads are on the stiff, bulky side, but once I wear the jacket and am moving around, I don't notice the pads much.

View attachment 57004

View attachment 57003

That's awesome! It's really all custom. Back is a Model A & B mix. Inside sleeve zips, too. Beyond awesome!

yhE1LQ2.jpg

still the same jacket I've been wearing since August
That's just an awesome jacket and the leather seems to be getting better looking all the time (and it looked fantastic from the get go). And you designed it! You'd be crazy not to be wearing it! It's exactly what I've been trying to get out of my jackets for damn near 20 years!!!

willyto

One Too Many
That's just an awesome jacket and the leather seems to be getting better looking all the time (and it looked fantastic from the get go). And you designed it! You'd be crazy not to be wearing it! It's exactly what I've been trying to get out of my jackets for damn near 20 years!!!

The solution is easy and quite simple, we're just hoarders of jackets! Get 1-2 jackets and wear the hell out of them. No need for more but I know how it goes, you want to cacth them all, all the styles, all the differences and fits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner