Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What leather conditioner do you use?

Gamma68

One Too Many
With all your vintage pieces, I would give the balm a go. It has to be the healing balm as they have other products. Been using it for about a year (maybe I read about it here, who knows) and it is pretty good.
I ordered some Pecard’s that arrived today. But maybe I’ll look into the healing balm based on your recommendation.

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
The process was to wet the leather with isopropyl alcohol, then rub vaseline into the hide.
What?! To wet the leather with isopropyl alcohol?!
That sounds quite strange (if not ridiculous).
It's very danger thought 'cause isopropyl alcohol might totally ruin any leather.
I'd never do that. Never.
Vaseline is good to use by itself (use it very slightly, not too much), as far as I know JC uses Vaseline sometimes. Btw, Pecard is also very good (but a bit more expensive than Vaseline).
But not isopropyl alcohol, never. It's harmful for any leather.

Last edited:
I ordered some Pecard’s that arrived today. But maybe I’ll look into the healing balm based on your recommendation.

Normally I use Jackson’s or Pecards (more for my boots) but the Chamberlain is great for very small cracks and issues. It actually fills them in and holds them a bit more together. You are out of gas past very minor nicks, cracks, blemishes, but for those, I find that this is better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner