Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
"Burn Witch Burn" - B-minus - Solid psychological thriller. Had me on the edge. I'd never seen it before. Good casting, great underrated effects and a good romp all round. Plot got a bit dodgy at the end but I enjoyed the heck out of it.

Worf
I think it's a solid B, and like you said the effects are underrated, and it really does keep you on your edge.
I'm not sure who the actress was, but I remember seeing her at the beginning of the film and thinking "oh she's just not right." :D
However, once was enough for me, which is why I didn't see it again this year, we downloaded it last year.
Tomb of Ligeia was on Netflix last year, and I've seen that too, but it's really a good film.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I also saw Burn, Witch, Burn and I agree with Worf's B-minus. It had been on my mental too-see list since the late sixties(!), and was a bit of a disappointment. Creepy, but just not in the same league as other psychological classics from that era, like Night of the Demon, These Are The Damned, The Haunting, The Innocents, etc.

And I wish they had kept the awesome title of Fritz Leiber's source novel, Conjure Wife!

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Thirteen Women (not the Bill Haley song) from 1932 with Irene Dunne and a heavily made-up Myrna Loy. Clocks in at 59 minutes. A woman gets revenge on those who did her wrong in college. Some plot lapses big enough to drive a De Soto through, but interesting nonetheless.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Hey JP I agree with your assessment of "The 7th Victim", I loved looking at the woman and her chase scene at the end was fabulous. What I didn't like was the whole, I married your sister but I love you now B.S. tacked on at the end. Silly and not sufficiently set up. I recorded "I Walked With a Zombie" and will watch that one tonight.

Worf

Hey JP I agree with your assessment of "The 7th Victim", I loved looking at the woman and her chase scene at the end was fabulous. What I didn't like was the whole, I married your sister but I love you now B.S. tacked on at the end. Silly and not sufficiently set up. I recorded "I Walked With a Zombie" and will watch that one tonight.

Worf
The chase scene was kind of strange. It was like a slow speed chase aside from the part at the end where she gets wrapped up with the actors going to dinner. lol lol I noticed the sister thing at the end. That was a really weird scene. lol You'll like I Walked with a Zombie. Next to 7th it is Gone With the Wind. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
My wife understood it, but she wasn't paying attention.
Good idea, but not the best way to carry it out.
BTW I'm a B movie fan, and have numerous collections that aren't even that good, so it was hard to say this.
However, it got slow several times, one too many times.

Now I'm watching House On Haunted Hill (1959) the Rifftrax version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy