Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Later this year I'm going to start watching Saul. I've never seen Breaking Bad, and don't think I'd want to (maybe I'm wrong), but this looks great.

He's a lawyer, and therefore a great and talented man.

Right?
I really enjoy Better Call Saul, but did not watch Breaking Bad. I thought that it would be done well, but from what I have heard that is an understatement. BCS is well done on so many levels, but my addiction to Boardwalk Empire has made it difficult to find time for any other show.
:D

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
A tough act to follow, but last night I watched this week's Fear the Walking Dead and loved it! Even Talking Dead was great afterwards, it had Kim Dickens (rrrrowwww...) and one of my favs, Lou Diamond Phillips, as guests.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
A 1963 episode of Laramie, with the blandly-named John Smith as the star. It featured Claude Akins and Jim Davis as villains, and young Joan Freeman and Tommy Sands, too. Laramie is one of the TV Westerns that don't get much respect and don't have a fandom -- as far as I know -- but it ran for several years, first in black and white with Hoagy Carmichael in a recurring role, and then in color with Spring Byington as a regular. It's not The Rifleman, which holds up today as one of the very best of the Golden Age of TV Westerns, but it's good entertainment.

Last edited:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Premiere episode of The Night Manager. Totally hooked. I am really enjoying the interplay between Hugh Laurie and Tom Hiddleston. This promises to be a terrific miniseries.

Edward

Bartender
I really enjoy Better Call Saul, but did not watch Breaking Bad. I thought that it would be done well, but from what I have heard that is an understatement. BCS is well done on so many levels, but my addiction to Boardwalk Empire has made it difficult to find time for any other show.
:D

You'll find BCS even better when you make time for Breaking Bad - actually, it would be interestingt to hear from someone who has watched them that way around, rather than seeing BCS as we are, as a prequel.

We've not been much for any in-depth stuff for the last few days as one of my beloved cats reached the end of her journey in the early hours of Tuesday morning, and died in my arms. Mostly we've been watching catch-up episodes of Masterchef - and it's incredibly refreshing to watch a show where people are encourage to developa genuine skill, where it's about cele brating the best rather than backstabbing or pre-scripted put-downs. Genuine, constructive feedback to all of them.

The most recent episode of "Call the Midwife." I feel I have to watch it or Fedora Lounge will have no representatives in the audience of this very thoughtful period piece. Despite speaking to an empty FL lecture hall, I will say this season has started out strong in character development and period details.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
. . . We've not been much for any in-depth stuff for the last few days as one of my beloved cats reached the end of her journey in the early hours of Tuesday morning, and died in my arms. . . .
My condolences, Edward. I too have lost several cats over the years, and I was glad for the times when I could be there as it happened -- that the last thing my cat saw was my familiar (maybe even loved) face. It's hard, but it gets better.

Feraud

Bartender
We've not been much for any in-depth stuff for the last few days as one of my beloved cats reached the end of her journey in the early hours of Tuesday morning, and died in my arms. Mostly we've been watching catch-up episodes of Masterchef - and it's incredibly refreshing to watch a show where people are encourage to developa genuine skill, where it's about cele brating the best rather than backstabbing or pre-scripted put-downs. Genuine, constructive feedback to all of them.
Condolences on your loss. Losing a pet is never easy.

I assume you are referring to the English version of Masterchef? I think the American version is complete garbage and am always impressed with the higher level of skill English amateur chefs have compared to Americans. I find the Americans more preoccupied with being "celebrity" chefs and getting tattooed than advancing their skill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy