Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I really enjoyed the first episode way back when, but for some reason never got around to continuing to watch.
:D

We see Gotham on the CTV network in Canada - I don't actually know who carries it in the US - is it available for streaming or otherwise for binge watching?

Or, the way I finally saw Lost in its entirety - I rented the dvds!!!

We see Gotham on the CTV network in Canada - I don't actually know who carries it in the US - is it available for streaming or otherwise for binge watching?

Or, the way I finally saw Lost in its entirety - I rented the dvds!!!
It has been a while since I watched an episode of Gotham. I enjoyed it, but other shows have taken priority. We watch it on xfinity/comcast. I know you can see it on itunes, Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu; of course it'll cost you.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Movie night saw one more episode of Peaky Blinders, series two episode three (brilliant - man this show is amazing!) and then another episode of Luther, season one, episode five (only one more episode this series, then off to the video store). An awesome show, another one we're late getting to...

Movie night saw one more episode of Peaky Blinders, series two episode three (brilliant - man this show is amazing!) and then another episode of Luther, season one, episode five (only one more episode this series, then off to the video store). An awesome show, another one we're late getting to...
We felt that Peaky Blinders just kept getting better; not one bit tired or stale. I understand that the longer the show goes the more invested you become in the characters, but here, the writing and acting continued to grow and impress.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
As we were looking forward to watching Fear the Walking Dead, but then realized for some reason we'd PVR'd it for the 11 pm showing ( :confused: ), and had therefore missed half of the 9 pm debut, we watched the last episode of series one of Luther.

OMG!!!!!

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
So far behind on Better Call Saul and Fear the Walking Dead but instead we watched Boardwalk Empire. They are good at throwing out twists and turns that you do not see coming.

Later this year I'm going to start watching Saul. I've never seen Breaking Bad, and don't think I'd want to (maybe I'm wrong), but this looks great.

He's a lawyer, and therefore a great and talented man.

Right?

Feraud

Bartender
Later this year I'm going to start watching Saul. I've never seen Breaking Bad, and don't think I'd want to (maybe I'm wrong), but this looks great.

He's a lawyer, and therefore a great and talented man.

Right?
If you want to observe the talents of this great television lawyer it will be on Breaking Bad!
I enjoy Better Call Saul but I assume there will be a huge missing reference for viewers who have not seen Breaking Bad.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
If you want to observe the talents of this great television lawyer it will be on Breaking Bad!
I enjoy Better Call Saul but I assume there will be a huge missing reference for viewers who have not seen Breaking Bad.

But isn't Better Call Saul a prequel? I thought watching it first, then BB, would work.

Or would it be better to have the Saul "story" from BB first?

Both shows are on the "next" list, so I could go either way.

No giggling...

Worf

I'll Lock Up
The Season launch of "Fear the Walking Dead" and the latest episode of "The Family". They both come on at 9:00 est and I asked puddin' wish she wanted to watch, she said family and rightly so. We watched The Family first and FTWD afterwards and like it's forebear I decided I'd never watch another episode again. Stupid teens, dumb one dimensional characters and ridiculous actions done in an effort to force "drama". Like with TWD, I'm done. "The Family" however continues to entertain, surprise and intrigue me. I guess one out of two ain't bad.

Worf

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Yep, Fear of the Walking Dead falls prey to the same dull gamesmanship as The Walking Dead. Trite. They don't even manipulate the audience very well. They just manipulate with no complexity or nuance at all. Eh.

Mr.Selfridge. I know a lot of people have long despised Jeremy Piven. He doesn't have a great reputation amongst his peers, either. I can take or leave him. This final season has been different, and I thought it was him overacting or dropping the ball. It probably is, but I also think the writing is failing him. The dialog is often awkward and clumsy. The story is resting in dead waters. Could he be better? Probably. Could he have a little help? Definitely. The other characters are doing well this season.

Girls. Not much of a season finale, but a good season overall. I'm glad it is ending. There isn't a lot these characters are going to do in the next 1-2 years of their life that would be any different than what they're doing now. Real life. If Dunham and Co. had the leeway to pick up at 30-33 in the last season, they could stop beating the same horse. Some of the best writing and accurate character study going on TV. That team has a great eye for people.

Togetherness. I don't know if this show needed time to develop or if the writers, who are also the main actors, managed to sell a somewhat weak story to HBO. I liked it. It was kind of reminiscent of Thirtysomething, and that show was wonderful. I would guess this show had no viewership.

The Americans. Fantastic.

Vikings. D-U-M-B.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
I don't think I'd recommend starting with Better Caul Saul. It is an afterthought money grab done well. Like Breaking Bad, it's in that 75-85% percentile of programming. I'd start with the story as conceived and intended; with Breaking Bad. Vince Gilligan product is overrated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot