Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Star Trek episode, "The City on the Edge of Forever" guest-starring Joan Collins.

By today's standards, pretty simple time travel / continuum conundrum, but for the time (teehee) period, a pretty good story.

While I'm not much of a fan - although, I kinda liked her in this episode - I will give Joan Collins credit for longevity in a business that doesn't make for long careers. She pops up in a lot of things over a lot of decades.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
By today's standards, pretty simple time travel / continuum conundrum, but for the time (teehee) period, a pretty good story.

While I'm not much of a fan - although, I kinda liked her in this episode - I will give Joan Collins credit for longevity in a business that doesn't make for long careers. She pops up in a lot of things over a lot of decades.

My hubby, daughter, and I watched all of the original Star Trek episodes a few years ago; now we're going through them again, I guess. This one we watched isn't my favorite; I think that one will always belong to "A Piece of the Action" with the gangsters. LOVE that one!

My hubby, daughter, and I watched all of the original Star Trek episodes a few years ago; now we're going through them again, I guess. This one we watched isn't my favorite; I think that one will always belong to "A Piece of the Action" with the gangsters. LOVE that one!

We've done the same thing over the years and my favorites shift around. "The Corbomite Maneuver," "Balance of Terror," "This Side of Paradise" and "The Cloud Minders" are near the top right now, but the list continues to change. I love "A Piece of the Action," but like I did with listening to "Sympathy for the Devil" too many times, I think I burned myself out on it...for now.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
My wife and I watched a couple of episodes of Flight of the Conchords, season two, yesterday. We seem to have watched season one more frequently, a shame, as these were hilarious and we couldn't recall seeing them, it was essentially watching them for the first time.

One of the streaming services I subscribe to - Netflix or Amazon (forget which) - has been promoting that one recently and I've wanted to see it - what did you think of it?

In their day, that was one heck of a rivalry - until the "no mas" moment
I enjoyed it as with most of the 30 for 30s I have seen. I was a fan of Sugar Ray from the moment I saw him box in the '76 Olympics. He became my favorite boxer. Of course I intensely disliked Duran. With time, I grew to appreciate Duran's achievements. He has not recieved the praise he deserves by the general boxing world. His greatness in boxing during the past forty years surpasses most.
:D

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
We've done the same thing over the years and my favorites shift around. "The Corbomite Maneuver," "Balance of Terror," "This Side of Paradise" and "The Cloud Minders" are near the top right now, but the list continues to change. I love "A Piece of the Action," but like I did with listening to "Sympathy for the Devil" too many times, I think I burned myself out on it...for now.

Same with Hogan's Heroes for me. We have the entire series on DVD and I have lost count of the amount of times I've watched it. But letting them sit for a year has made a difference: I've started watching them again. Ha!

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
My wife and I finished off season two of Penny Dreadful. My wife just loved this season, and we're keeping our eyes open for the season three blu-ray. I also caught up on Sunday's return of Fear the Walking Dead. A Nick-centred episode, with some flashbacks, trying to flesh out his approach to the walkers. Not the strongest episode this season, but a good return.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
My wife and I finished off season two of Penny Dreadful. My wife just loved this season, and we're keeping our eyes open for the season three blu-ray. I also caught up on Sunday's return of Fear the Walking Dead. A Nick-centred episode, with some flashbacks, trying to flesh out his approach to the walkers. Not the strongest episode this season, but a good return.

I suspect that you'll find season three of PD much weaker than season two. The show was really firing on all cylinders in season two... and then it made questionable, increasingly serious plotting/character mistakes throughout the third season.

At least the unexpected series (vs. season) finale won't be the huge surprise bummer for you that it was for those of us who watched live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner