Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Wheeler Dealers: Land Rover Series IIA. If it wasn't for the stupid Bug Out gadgets, the build would have been down right cheap!

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
The Night of. first episode. 97% of this episode was absurd. You aren't going to pull me into a murder/mystery if nothing is consistent with the characters and situation after situation is improbable, thus making the story unreliable and weak.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Maybe the characters are not who you think they are.
That's possible and fine. It's within the realm of telling a mystery, but at the same time, I feel it is principal to the strength of a story to have a foundation that is trustworthy and solid. Otherwise, it is a weak story or manipulation without boundaries. I also have to admit that I cannot stand scenes like in the precinct headquarters when Nasir got up to leave --not once, but twice-- and nobody said a word. Little things that are improbable, and simply there for cheap and quick drama, drive me nuts. If you liked The Killing, you would probably like this. Not me.

Star Trek: "The Trouble with Tribbles."

I love that one, but it has such a different tone than most of the other episodes in the series - death, defying captain's orders are all taken almost lightheartedly. It almost felt as if everyone from the writers to the directors to the actors had been drinking a bit when they made that episode.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I love that one, but it has such a different tone than most of the other episodes in the series - death, defying captain's orders are all taken almost lightheartedly. It almost felt as if everyone from the writers to the directors to the actors had been drinking a bit when they made that episode.
True enough -- but it is a comedy. The Trek format at its best had room for tragedy, drama, high adventure, and comedy too. If you want to see an episode of a mostly serious show where everybody was probably smoking something they shouldn't have been, try "The My Friend the Gorilla Affair" on U.N.C.L.E. If you can sit through it, that is. Truly it's the nadir of that series. (Though it could have been fixed! Tell it as a kids' bedtime story, and then the sight of Robert Vaughn dancing with a gorilla might even have been tolerable!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo