Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

green papaya

One Too Many
FRITO PIE

Frito pie is a dish popular in the Southern, Midwestern, and Southwestern United States, whose basic ingredients are chili, cheese, and corn chips. Additions can include salsa, refried beans, sour cream, onion, rice, or jalapeños.

Zucchini parmesan (like eggplant or chicken parmesan) sandwich on a hoagie roll with jalapeno/chorizo macaroni & cheese on the side and a couple of Southern Tier American style ales

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Bangers and mash with a twist. Had a jacket potato with mushroom gravy, pork sausage with fried onions green peas and of course brown sauce. And a mug of tea.

Last night I fancied a baked potato. Since I don't like to heat up the oven for one potato I made 4 and made some mushroom gravy to go with. Tonight I had a leftover potato, reheated with gravy and fried up some sausages with onions.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Last night, street tacos with carne asada (marinated in oil, kosher salt, smoked pepper, garlic, cilantro, lime juice), avocado, and jack cheese. S'mores for dessert.

Tonight, big salad. Green and red leaf lettuce, tomato, cucumber, avocado, jack cheese, bacon, turkey breast, and Ranch dressing. Buttered dinner rolls on the side.

Seems all I've done for three or four days is eat. Got a ham and butt smoked early Monday and ate on that with various sides; coleslaw, grilled corn, lentils cooked with the ham and too much else to mention, through lunch yesterday. Opted for Tacos Chapala last night.

I did make dessert last night. Not something I often do. Blueberry cobbler.
CIMG3325.JPG

With berries picked right outside the back door.
CIMG3327.JPG

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Not dinner exactly, but the other day they had Maple flavor marshmallows at the grocery store for Canada Day. I thought they might make an interesting rice krispy square. So that is what I made. They are good.

Not dinner exactly, but the other day they had Maple flavor marshmallows at the grocery store for Canada Day. I thought they might make an interesting rice krispy square. So that is what I made. They are good.

Okay, I admit it, I am an adult and I eat marshmallows several times a week. A maple favored one sounds outstanding (is it a national brand or something local to your area?). And using the maple favored ones for a rice krispy square - genius!

I recently discover a brand called Smashmallow and have been eating them like they are going out of style: https://smashmallow.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21