Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's on Top - Bras, panties, garter belts, slips, & stockings

Louise Anne

Suspended
RHT stocking any one?

I really do feel sorry for ladies in the 60's as in my view the RTH stocking are not very nice to wear, compared to 50's ff seamed.

I know it is like 10 years outside the time line here but real vintage ff stocking are very expensive for every day wear now and I know modern ones are worn now also, so maybe I can get away with bringing them into the forum.

They not silky in my view do not look to great on either, maybe it is only the cheep ones I bought from vintage dealers that are like this.
I just not too impressed with them!

Any one else has view on RHT's good or bad I like to here what you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Have you checked out Secrets in Lace? They have the most divine RHT stockings, and not especially expensive.

Fully Fashioned's are outside my budget, but there are some great modern alternatives. Stockingstore.com carries them cheap if you shop online. To save on shipping, I actually buy mine at the adult store!

Last edited:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
The thing with regular (non stretch) RHTs is that you have to get *exactly the right size* in terms of foot and length, or they'll bag at the ankles. It's a lot harder to get by with something that's close but not exactly right than it is with full-fashioned hose.

National Hosiery used to make good, inexpensive non-stretch RHTs, but they don't seem to have them anymore. The stretch version is still around, though, and the price is very reasonable.

Louise Anne

Suspended
Have you checked out Secrets in Lace? They have the most divine RHT stockings, and not especially expensive.

I have look at this site but not know and one who's worn any thing from them so it very useful to know they are worth thank you.

RHTs is that you have to get *exactly the right size* in terms of foot and length I also think the diameter of my leg comes into play with RHT Lizzie and all three measument means I do not get on well with vintage ones.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I need to complain about my bullet bra.

I have this one from Secrets in Lace, and although its the correct size, I don't fill it out properly (and I'm a busty girl.) Even with pads, it doesn't look or feel right. Maybe I'm not built for them...

Anybody else have this problem?

Last edited:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
C-dot,
I don't think it's you. I've never thought busty gals can do bullets. I had one, a vintage long line, and I felt stupid. Didn't even get out the house with it on. I think if you are past a C cup they are hard to pull off.

LD

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
C-dot,
I don't think it's you. I've never thought busty gals can do bullets. I had one, a vintage long line, and I felt stupid. Didn't even get out the house with it on. I think if you are past a C cup they are hard to pull off.

LD

Thanks! Glad to know I'm not the only one. :)

I'm wondering if those models for Secrets in Lace have any help, because they fill them out attractively given their *ahem* generous proportions.

Little lady

Familiar Face
I don't have any bulletbras, but not filling a bra can happen with normal bras too, also in the right size, if the bra is not right for your shape.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I know about modern lingerie from my stint as a salesgirl at La Senza - There was a style to suit every shape. When I ordered the bra I, I didn't think I'd have this problem being a D cup... Better start experimenting with falsies lol

ThePowderKeg

One of the Regulars
I have 2 vintage long-line bras that border on bullet. My friend who is a seamstress saw them, tried them on, realized they didn't fit her even though we're the same size, and got them for me. They fit me pretty well, and I'm reasonably sure it's because I'm more wide and on the sides than front and center. I suspect that bullet bras work better for women with more space in the middle of the bustline.

Drappa

One Too Many
I bought a 1960s Playtex longline bra on Ebay advertised as NOS, and it's covered in brown spots (presumably age spots?). Are they likely to come out in a Vanish/Oxi soak, or should I just send it back?

Louise Anne

Suspended
I bought a 1960s Playtex longline bra on Ebay advertised as NOS, and it's covered in brown spots (presumably age spots?). Are they likely to come out in a Vanish/Oxi soak, or should I just send it back?

The age spots cannot have been in the description, so I would just contact them first and see what they say about it before trying to get them out yourself. You nothing to loose at this point by asking them or pointing it out to them. If it was say 1930 that might be slightly different I feel for NOS.

Drappa

One Too Many
No, it wasn't described and seller offered a refund if I return. I'm just wondering if they would perhaps come out as I like the bra otherwise and it fits well.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Im pretty sure they would come out. What's it made of? Give it a soak in a diluted oxy-clean for a day or so, then launder it by hand. Im sure that would do the trick. I've never really had much of a problem getting age spots out of anything.

LD

Drappa

One Too Many
That's good to know! I my try that, as it's such a hassle to send things back and lose the return shipping. It's a Playtex 60's longline bra, but not sure what the material is exactly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner