Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's your favourite season?

What's your favourite season?

• Spring

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Summer

• Autumn

• Winter

• Total voters

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Smithy said:
Viola, I used to live in Sydney. Like most Kiwis I have done a stint across the pond (Kiwis and Aussies can live in each others countries without filling in forms or anything, just hop on the plane and that's it).

It's a great city, if you like the heat you'll love it. But it can be very, very humid especially round the beginning of the year.

...Oh he's a liar! I knew it was too good to be true. lol

Seriously, he said it was less humid than here. Of course as much as I love Philly we get absolutely disgusting swampy-hot summers, so you could both be right.

As far as "the toys," Diamondback, I know, I wept (heh) but they have re-branded El Caminos "the officially fastest truck on the road," rocking a Corvette engine. :)

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Viola said:
As far as "the toys," Diamondback, I know, I wept (heh) but they have re-branded El Caminos "the officially fastest truck on the road," rocking a Corvette engine. :)

:eek:fftopic:

Oh...we're talking cars. Apologies Diamondback I thought you were referring to guns!

Actually Viola car-wise you'd still have fun in Oz. Americans will like the US style Holden and Aussie Ford muscle cars from the 60s and 70s. And actually - although it might have changed from when I was there - but a lot of import cars are actually higher spec performance than those offered in the States due to emissions I believe. Case in point are the Japanese suicide rockets, Evos and WRXs, which are higher HP versions than those offered in the US.

Is your boyfriend an Aussie Viola? In which case say this to him when you're talking about what to eat next and watch the reaction (don't worry it's not rude)....

"I could go a chicko roll" :D

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Smithy said:
:eek:fftopic:

Oh...we're talking cars. Apologies Diamondback I thought you were referring to guns!

Actually Viola car-wise you'd still have fun in Oz. Americans will like the US style Holden and Aussie Ford muscle cars from the 60s and 70s. And actually - although it might have changed from when I was there - but a lot of import cars are actually higher spec performance than those offered in the States due to emissions I believe. Case in point are the Japanese suicide rockets, Evos and WRXs, which are higher HP versions than those offered in the US.

Is your boyfriend an Aussie Viola? In which case say this to him when you're talking about what to eat next and watch the reaction (don't worry it's not rude)....

"I could go a chicko roll" :D

Heh, he was talking guns. The gun laws are a good bit stricter down there. I was just pointing out that while I will miss the 2nd Amendment, there are things that go a little way to making up for it. I wasn't exactly in the market for a Thompson right now anyway. (..Though I wouldn't mind borrowing one for an afternoon...)

Holdens look good. My biases/grudges are vintage enough I won't own Fords.

I'll say that, Smithy, but as I haven't learned the language yet, I'm taking your word for it his eyes won't pop out or something. :D

Smithy, I've never been there, but I do have acquaintances from both Australia and New Zealand (NZ being less restrictive, a friend down there has a Thompson collection) from various other boards. Some are full of crap a lot of the time, but when someone who's reputable from the same place says the same basic thing, that starts adding up to a bit of credibility.

Favorite season for me: depends on location and climate. Make mine warm and dry, but not too hot. Nevada-Arizona-New Mexico-Texas desert fall and spring seem about right so far.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
I fall for the Fall... lol sorry, couldn't resist!

When the leaves change color, the weather cools off and the holiday season is rapidly approaching... the end of the year is just around the corner... ahhh, nice! Nothing like sippin' on a hot drink and listening to nice old records or taking evening walks as the leaves fall all around! Heaven!

FM~

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
flat-top said:
Fall 2007. New York. The hottest one ever. I'm not happy.

Summer 2007. Seattle. The coldest, grayest, drizzliest one every. I'm not happy! Seriously, we've had maybe 4 days July-Sept that one would consider summery, and all the old timers say this has been the worst summer they remember in decades. It's 6:45 pm...it's 40 degrees outside, and our high was low 50's - and that's with sunny weather. Global warming? Not from my little window on the world...

flat-top

Mike in Seattle said:
Summer 2007. Seattle. The coldest, grayest, drizzliest one every. I'm not happy! Seriously, we've had maybe 4 days July-Sept that one would consider summery, and all the old timers say this has been the worst summer they remember in decades. It's 6:45 pm...it's 40 degrees outside, and our high was low 50's - and that's with sunny weather. Global warming? Not from my little window on the world...
Well believe it or not, I'm jealous! It was in the *90's* here today. Just awful.

Mike in Seattle

I was surprised yesterday afternoon reading about the Chicago Marathon having temperatures approaching 90, one fatality, and several others keeling over from the heat. I keep reminding myself that one reason we moved from LA was we'd have four seasons a year and bulbs blooming in the spring. This year, it's been more like two season - cold and wet, then still cool and wetter. To top it off, I have crocus blooming in the flowerbeds. Normally, they bloom in March, maybe into April.

carter

I'll Lock Up
93 degrees in Dallas today. :eusa_doh:

Will autumn never arrive? :(

Smithy and Spitfire, It sounds lovely and cool in Norway.
Please post a photo or two. :)

Nashoba

One Too Many
72 today in Nashville. I wore wool yesterday in Atl. (although it was warm probably close to 80, but my office is FREEZING so I'll suffer wearing wool so I don't freeze while trying to work)
But driving back to Tn this afternoon through the appalacians colors are starting to appear in the forests. I think it will be upon us sooner than we know...and then we'll all be complaining that spring needs to arrive :)

carter

I'll Lock Up
Nashoba said:
72 today in Nashville. I wore wool yesterday in Atl. (although it was warm probably close to 80, but my office is FREEZING so I'll suffer wearing wool so I don't freeze while trying to work)
But driving back to Tn this afternoon through the appalacians colors are starting to appear in the forests. I think it will be upon us sooner than we know...and then we'll all be complaining that spring needs to arrive :)

Not us, we'll be taking lovely walks in the woods with crunchy leaves beneath our feet.
We can build a fire and have hot spiced apple cider or hot buttered rum. Mmmmm...
Crisp cool days and chilly evenings. A fire and a good book with my dogs at my feet. Ahhh...
Autumn tells me that Winter is coming and it will never last as long as I want it to. :(
Winter makes me look forward to Spring.
I'd gladly follow Autumn around the globe at least once.
:D

Viola

Call Me a Cab
jamespowers said:
Nice weather eh? :p
I hate cold weather. I can't understand its attraction to some. [huh]

They didn't ASK me where to put Boot Camp. And my favorite season is spring.

jamespowers said:
Now we are talking sense. ;) :p
I would suggest Boot Camp in Hawaii if it were me. ;)
I'd make it Orlando, with a DoD-paid week off to live it up at Disney World, Universal and the other sights upon completion of Basic. Kind of a "you made it, we're gonna give you a breather before the really hard stuff" sorta thing.:D

Seen and raised, Mr. Powers...:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic