Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where are you going tonight

Barbigirl

Practically Family
!

Barbigirl said:
Tonight I am taking my girls and my guy to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I have wanted to go for a few years so it should be great fun.

Keep your fingers crossed for light traffic please.

Trans Siberian Orchestra was INCREDIBLE, TREMENDOUS, FANTASTIC albeit I was rather confused at times while I was watching it. They did their usual Christmas music and the Nutcracker, (& they had this really boring narrated story) but then they started playing all this random stuff. Mozart, Eric Clapton came in and did Leila, Beethoven, the Peanuts theme, Phantom of the Opera, Jeff Tate did a Queensryche song with them, Carmina Burana. There was an electric light show, fireworks, fire shooting up in different colors. I am sure I will be telling people about it for years to come. AND the funniest thing to me is middle aged men in cut away tuxedos playing electric guitar and dancing around the stage like rock stars. STUPENDOUS

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Don't know what I rustle up to eat yet but afterward it's watching the tube with my cats Morrison and Xena till the wife comes in to view TV.[huh]

RedPop4

One Too Many
Tonight, taking my family to "A Celtic Christmas" here in New Orleans. The feature performer is New Orleans' foremost Celtic musician, Danny O'Flaherty, owner and headline act at O'Flaherty's Irish Channel on Toulouse Street. He's on tour every night this week and next; this is his last performance in New Orleans until Christmas.

I used to hang out at Ryan's Irish pub on Bourbon St. years ago, when he and his brother Patrick and a couple others performed as "The Celtic Folk." Been a fan of that type of music since those days. I only get to go once every few years, now. It's expensive to go out to the Quarter, these days, parking is too much money. My sons like it, too, so this should be enjoyable and educational.

Read more about Danny O'Flaherty

Daisy Buchanan

RedPop4 said:
Tonight, taking my family to "A Celtic Christmas" here in New Orleans. The feature performer is New Orleans' foremost Celtic musician, Danny O'Flaherty, owner and headline act at O'Flaherty's Irish Channel on Toulouse Street. He's on tour every night this week and next; this is his last performance in New Orleans until Christmas.

I used to hang out at Ryan's Irish pub on Bourbon St. years ago, when he and his brother Patrick and a couple others performed as "The Celtic Folk." Been a fan of that type of music since those days. I only get to go once every few years, now. It's expensive to go out to the Quarter, these days, parking is too much money. My sons like it, too, so this should be enjoyable and educational.

Read more about Danny O'Flaherty
That sounds like a great time! It's also nice that you get to go out with the family. Have a wonderful time.
Ortega, enjoy that steak and the company of your wife.

I'm taking advantage of having the house to myself tonight. Hem is going to be out, and I'm gonna hang in tonight and pamper myself. I do have fun plans for tomorrow though. We have a first class wine shoppe a couple blocks from our condo and they are having a champagne tasting tomorrow afternoon. They do wine tasting's from different regions every Saturday afternoon. It's a great way to find new wines and also meet the neighbors. I've never been to one of their champagne tasting's before, and I'm looking forward to trying some different kinds. I usually stick to Veuve, Bollinger and White Star so I don't really know about other kinds of champagnes. They will be introducing some new champagnes from California. Well, I guess they're really sparkling wines, since real champagne is technically from France. But, it will be nice to try some that I've never had before. Nothing beats an afternoon of champagne drinking for free. And no driving is involved, I just have to stumble up a couple of blocks to get home. Just can't drink too much or I'll sleep through my Saturday night plans of a girls night out. Yahoo, girls night out on the town, watch out boys, here we come! Hem has a big party to go to, so the cat's are just gonna have to fend for themselves!!

Big Man

Tonight I'm taking my Dad out for supper.

Saturday night is our Fire Department Christmas party. We always arrange for our two neighboring Departments to cover our district during this time, so you can "read between the lines" all you want about that ... ;)

melankomas

One of the Regulars
i'm actually quite excited. i've finally received my copy of Boxiana, and i shall spend the evening devouring it. for those who aren't quite as hopeless as i am, Boxiana is a boxing text (rather, a collection of articles) written by Pierce Egan in the early 19th. in my opinion, it is one of the essential publications in boxing history, and will sit proudly next to The Sweet Science in my collection. oddly, i'm just finishing another go at The Day and Night Scenes of Jerry Hawthorn Esq. and his Elegant Friend Corinthian Tom, also by Pierce Egan.

i'm sure this would be a boring prospect for many people, but i was born in the wrong era to be wholly absorbed by current boxers. it would have been wonderful to have seen Papa Jack fight, or Joey Maxim, or Will 'o the Wisp Pep, or Sweet William Conn, or Sugar Ray Robinson, or...sigh...

katiemakeup

Practically Family
I've got a few 'Thin Man' movies, 'Top Hat', 'Bettie Page' and to top it all off, 'Strangers With Candy'. And some ice cream.

RedPop4

One Too Many
Daisy Buchanan said:
That sounds like a great time! It's also nice that you get to go out with the family. Have a wonderful time.
Ortega, enjoy that steak and the company of your wife.

I'm taking advantage of having the house to myself tonight. Hem is going to be out, and I'm gonna hang in tonight and pamper myself. I do have fun plans for tomorrow though. We have a first class wine shoppe a couple blocks from our condo and they are having a champagne tasting tomorrow afternoon. They do wine tasting's from different regions every Saturday afternoon. It's a great way to find new wines and also meet the neighbors. I've never been to one of their champagne tasting's before, and I'm looking forward to trying some different kinds. I usually stick to Veuve, Bollinger and White Star so I don't really know about other kinds of champagnes. They will be introducing some new champagnes from California. Well, I guess they're really sparkling wines, since real champagne is technically from France. But, it will be nice to try some that I've never had before. Nothing beats an afternoon of champagne drinking for free. And no driving is involved, I just have to stumble up a couple of blocks to get home. Just can't drink too much or I'll sleep through my Saturday night plans of a girls night out. Yahoo, girls night out on the town, watch out boys, here we come! Hem has a big party to go to, so the cat's are just gonna have to fend for themselves!!

Daisy, this was QUITE enjoyable. They "presented" every song with introductions, readings, some poetry, and even reenactments of certain rituals and customs, along with a world class dancer.

I found out that O'Flaherty's Irish Channel, their home base has been closed since Katrina, which is giving them a chance to tour the state and raise money for a Celtic Cultural Center of Louisiana and other things. It will also prepare for the opening of a new O' Flaherty's in New Orleans in a couple of years.

The CD is available on that site and I highly recommend it. My ten-year-old son asked me to buy it last night, and my seven-year-old asked me to make him a copy this morning, and listened to the whole thing again once I did so.

lindylady

A-List Customer
It's going to be an evening at home with some Chinese takeout, dvds South Pacific and The Little Foxes. Maybe I'll go waltzing tomorrow night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy