Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where are you going tonight

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Tonight I'm going to a dessert party hosted by some of my parent's friends. I'll be the only one under 45 there, but at least I'll get to eat lots of cookies!

Johnny Turner

New in Town
My fun filled evening will include going to work to catch up on paperwork, working until I can't stand it anymore, then going home to bed. Does it get any better than this?:eusa_doh:

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
UNC Basketball

I'm headed to Chapel Hill to take my daughter to a Carolina basketball game.

RedPop4

One Too Many
January 8th is the anniversary of the Battle Of New Orleans, at the end (really after it ended) of the War of 1812, which was one of this nation's most important battles in history. A defeat for the well entrenched British military might of the day, it firmly established the U. S. as a military power, and ended British incursion which eventually lead to the friendly relations the two countries now share.

So, since the 8 was a Monday, they scheduled the reenactment this weekend. We are taking members of our Webelos Den to the Lantern Tour of Chalmette Battlefield on Friday night (tonight in the EST, already) We will walk all over the battlefield, watching people make preparations for the next day.....women in the plantation house, British soldiers in their camp, British officers in the house, American troops in their camp with commander Andrew Jackson.

They fire the old cannons that are still there, there are bonfires with troops around them, they serve mulled cider to ward off the humid cold we have down here. This is an excellent well staged event, it's a lot of fun, and learning.

Daisy Buchanan

Yeah, a three day weekend. But, I'm not doing anything nearly all that exciting!
I'll be going downstairs to the corner bar/restaurant for some dinner and a few drinks.
Tomorrow is my friends surprise thirtieth birthday party. Her boyfriend has planned a grand bash that is to start at three in the afternoon. Oy, it's gonna be a long night. I might just dress vintage, even though nobody else will be, but sometimes it's just fun to do so.

BegintheBeguine

In 1814 we took a little trip

Sounds fun, Daisy. I know you will look beautiful. 6-day weekend here, starting as of yesterday! I've been down with the cold that never ends, but I have to eat ;) so I put a Diva Pinup flower in my hair and joined sister and brother-in-law at the excellent Italian restaurant. And since I am going to feel crappy anyway, might as well feel crappy at the Goth club for open bar, heh heh.

Jazzman64

New in Town
Going to a play with my wife at Chicago's Shakespeare Theatre then out to a nice surf and turf type restaurant called Fulton's on the River. Mom & Dad get to watch the kids.

Cheers
JD

Mike in Seattle

Well, we were SUPPOSED to go to a concert with a friends' daughter and one of Paul's voice students last night, which got canceled due to snow (it fell on Wednesday evening) and so we were going to go tonight instead. In both instances, I was freshly showered, shaved and had just finished getting dressed when the fateful phone call came in. The snow fell Wednesday afternoon and evening. Our temperature's fluctuated from 10-20 since so it hasn't melted. The area the school's in got a light dusting at best, the area roads & streets are long-since plowed, cleared and dry. The worst part of the trip would be getting out of our neighborhood - 2" compacted ice & snow on the streets, 8" of dry fluffy powder everywhere else. I feel bad for the kids to have gone to all that work and now there's nothing to show for it. Their sets have to be torn down Monday to make way for a dance concert weekend after next.

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
Practice

For the Mardi Gras Ball Society (Krewe) I am in, but before that, giving out two more invites. Made my quota. Whew!!!:)

Lady is a sorority sister of my wife. Told her I would be in the wine section of the supermarket in a bow-tie and fedora! The lid should make me stand out!!:D

IlsaLund

One of the Regulars
Kayla Says Goodbye.

Tonight is my going away party at Tia Juanas --- a local cantina that has swing on Wednesdays. Sushi first at my favorite restaurant, then dancing all night with my closest friends and family. A bittersweet day.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Eddie Rockets 50s style diner - with little jukeboxes on the tables!

www.eddierockets.ie - They have a funny section on Diner Slang and a section on Diner History. Also I think the photo-banner on the home page is the Galway branch.

IlsaLund

One of the Regulars
JazzBaby said:
Eddie Rockets 50s style diner - with little jukeboxes on the tables!

www.eddierockets.ie - They have a funny section on Diner Slang and a section on Diner History. Also I think the photo-banner on the home page is the Galway branch.

How funny! There's a place out here in the states called Johnny Rockets... it's exactly the same, all the way down to the slang and jukeboxes. I worked there for a while, and it was a hoot :) Enjoy your dinner!!

-IL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran