• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Where to find a *soft* braided/plaited men's belt?

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by Benzadmiral, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Benzadmiral

Benzadmiral One Too Many

For years now I've had a soft braided leather belt from Donna Karam (yes, she made, and maybe makes, men's things too). It's been my go-to belt for nearly everything. It's getting along in years, and while it's not worn out, I'd like to find a backup. DKNY doesn't apparently make it any more, and most of the braided ones I find in stores are very stiff.

There's this: http://www.bootsonline.com.au/roobelts.htm, which Boots Online assures me is flexible. Anybody every try one of these? If so, how was it? And if you've found a braided/plaited leather men's belt that was soft right away, please point me to it!
  2. The only place I tend to see any of these belts are at the mens shop or at like a 3 day suit broker. Finding a soft one, well that's any ones guess. Leather breaks in over time and the use of conditioners can soften most leather.
  3. cookie

cookie I'll Lock Up

If it's made of kangaroo you're safe. I have seen and felt kangaroo leather on eBay shoes that was still supple from the 1930/40s.