Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where's the globe trotting hat now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

One of the Regulars
WeeGee I see you are attending a "First Competition" I mentor at my local highschool robotics team. Quite a lot of fun....Jake
Legopic-2.jpg

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Hat Update

OK, I have been in touch with Alan. It sounds like he's been pretty busy lately, but we are now attempting to plan a hand-off for early May. If I can keep the lines of communication open, this should get moving soon. Keep all your fingers and toes crossed!
NB

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
The Latest

Photobyalan and I have not been able to get together, it seems. So, according to him, he's mailing the hat to me. That's what he said a few days ago. When it arrives, I will post here within 24 hours and begin the process of passing it on immediately.

If anybody has a schedule as insane as Alan's appears to be, might I suggest excusing yourselves from this enterprise. Considering how long the hat has been out there, we should be much further along.

NB

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
It's here!

I just got the hat today. I believe there is somebody in my area who signed up. I have to dig through and find them. Anyway, what should I be writing in the journal? Did we decide on what should be in there, specifically?
NB

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Geez!

Why didn't I think of this before!!??

The hat should be traveling with a Black Moleskine, and each wearer records in in journal-style how they came by the hat, what they did while wearing it, and who they passed it to and when!

Otherwise... name and dates?

WEEGEE

Practically Family
MOLESKINE INCLUDED

I sent along a moleskine with the hat though never wrote a word in it

So the history goes...Weegee drove to New Hampshire met Aaron Hats...

got hat...back to Albany, New York... had hat to long...drove to Kingston,NY

met Photobyalan...he drove back to Jersey...again had hat to long...now

Not-Bogart13 has hat. ALSO included something special in the sweatband.

Baggers

Practically Family
Just what I about to suggest, Scotrace. Date received, date sent to next person on the list, your name and town (would an address be too revealing to anyone in the future?), and perhaps a quick observation or thought.

Something else we could do is place or paste a small keepsake in the journal. Maybe a postcard or a ticket stub or something of that nature. Something that might help create a mini time capsule to commorate the era this hat passed through and yet would still have a tie in to the Golden Era.

And, of course, photos of the hat taken at some local landmark.

Cheers!

Fedorista

Familiar Face
Not-Bogart13 said:
I just got the hat today. I believe there is somebody in my area who signed up. I have to dig through and find them. Anyway, what should I be writing in the journal? Did we decide on what should be in there, specifically?
NB

Howbout:

Have been very, very busy.

So pleased to accomplish sending hat to next lounger before Thanksgiving.

Must rest now.

:p

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
Hannigan Riley and Jake

I guess the hat is in Pennsylvania with Notbogart, if it passes through into Illinois. I think Hannigan and I can get it moving through the midwest or toward the South if requested to do so. Are there others between Pennsylvania and Illinois?

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
I added myself to th list. There are a few other in the area that I can hand it to. I will also wear it to a show and get a picture of me performing in it.

Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass