Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where's the globe trotting hat now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Steiner

New in Town
OK, where to next?

I expect to be picking the hat up from Not-Bogart13 on Sunday. I'll be in Washington, DC on the night of the 14th before returning to central PA. Is there anyone in the area who could take the hat from me before, say, mid-morning on the 15th? K. Steiner

Kim Steiner

New in Town
Evidently Washington does not work for anyone

Assuming NotBogart and I manage to meet up today, I'm going to have to get rid of this quickly or "own" it until mid-July. Leaving on vacation in two weeks. Who is near central PA? K. Steiner

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
No help here

Kim,

Wish I could make the trip to PA but I live in central Illinois. I can't really help but I will keep observing the thread. Hope you find a contact before your vacation. Maybe PM Scotrace and see if he has any ideas, or check out the frappr website under Fedora loung hat trip?
Hope this helps

Waiting.......Jake.

Kim Steiner

New in Town
Passing the Hat to Ohio

OK, we're heading west on the Harley Saturday, and I find I can strap the hat box on safely. If I can link up with Nick Danger or Scotrace on I-80, then we can get the hat moving again. If not, the next opportunity for me will be a trip to southwestern VA in early August. Hate to wait that long. Or to mail it -- seems like cheating. Kim

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Kim Steiner said:
OK, we're heading west on the Harley Saturday, and I find I can strap the hat box on safely. If I can link up with Nick Danger or Scotrace on I-80, then we can get the hat moving again. If not, the next opportunity for me will be a trip to southwestern VA in early August. Hate to wait that long. Or to mail it -- seems like cheating. Kim

Sorry Kim, but I just can't hook up with you on I-80. :( (Emailed you regarding the hat.)
Maybe this would be much better for Scotrace? More in his neck of the woods maybe?
I wish I could make hat history here, but alas,...I must wait for the next go around.

Kim Steiner

New in Town
OK, can ANYONE meet me on I-80 or 80/90 in Ohio tomorrow? My wife and I are stopping for the evening near Toledo. (Send a PM with direct contact information.) Kim

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Not yet...

We still have the southeastern states to cover before it heads west. Several in the Carolinas, in VA/DC....

I had hoped to take it on to Big Man but my Mrs. keeps talking about this $200 in gasoline thing... [huh]

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
Hat trip

Greetings all

I am still checking in with the new posts. I am suspecting it will be a while before reaching Illinois. How many states in the south are looking to participate?

regards
Jake

woodyhatmaker

New in Town
Travelling hat

Hi! I'm Woody and I'm a couture hatmaker/milliner in Yorkshire, England. I am brand new to the Fedora Lounge (just joined today! - I found out about the Fedora Lounge from Hatlife e-magazine, which did a feature on me in the last edition, and also mentioned Fedora Lounge). I have spotted this thread although I don't know the background to it all. I am guessing that a hat is going around the world from one member to another and being tracked as it goes? Well, in late October/early November I am going to be going round the world for just over a fortnight on a private jet with a British band (the John Otway Big Band) stopping at Liverpool, New York, Las Vegas, Tahiti, Sydney, SHanghai and Dubai, then back to London. I'm the Official Hatmaker for the World Tour! Steve Harley (of Cockney Rebel) is playing support on the tour. I'd be honoured to take the hat with me if you like and get photos of it in all those places. I could also get John & Steve and the rest of the band to sign something to go with it for posterity - could be good for its value for charity purposes! Obviously I don't know the background or "rules" for this idea, so do please let me know if what I am suggesting is somthing people might like! It's just a thought, if it doesn't fit in with the general idea of the "project" I won't be upset.

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
Checking in

Glad to see its on to Mr. Danger, Illinois is ready when it passes through, the hat looks great none the worse for wear I see. Keep it up gentlemen.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy