Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why are wrinkles undesireable?

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Spitfire -- your wife is stunning and I love her hair.

For 30 years, I wanted to have salt-and-pepper hair that gradually became silver, then white.

Alas, I did not have the pepper to show off the salt. We dark-ash-blonde folks just don't get to show it off -- until, one day, we stand in a floresent light and realize we have a silver aureole around our heads.

It happened to me, now I am a Silver Fox. If I live long enough, I will become an Arctic Fox.

karol

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Wrinkles only made Coco cooler:
coco_chanel.jpg

chanel2_475.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
cherry lips said:
More wrinkly inspiration! :D

The Swedish designer Gunilla Pontén:
GunillaPonten.jpg

Today (80 in June)

She looks incredible! I have never heard of her but I am amazed at how vibrant she looks - I can't believe she's 80!

I love her make-up too I might add!

Anwen

New in Town
I absolutely adore Catherine Deneuve, Isabella Rosselini and Isabelle Huppert, they are amazing looking women. I'd like to add a quick word for the beautiful Audrey Hepburn who aged quite naturally yet stayed stunning (I have seen pictures of her wrinklier than these, but can't find any online):

hepburn02.jpg

audrey-hepburn-older-updo_cropped1.jpg

audrey-hepburn-charity.jpg

Audrey%20Hepburn-713320.jpg

audrey_and_jarvis.jpg

hepburn.jpg

Grant Fan

Practically Family
i happen to think wrinkles are great especially what i call happy wrinkles like the ones on eyes and smile lines it means you have smiled a lot in your life, and to me that is attractive[

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Here are some pictures of my mommy. I think she is positively lovely, and I hope when I am 55 that I will be as lovely as she is. (Sorry i am in them all she hates photos and usually only takes them with me because I respect her dislike of having her photo taken)

Family037.jpg

Grad09011.jpg

Family046-2.jpg

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"I have been using Acid (Retin A Acid cream) since the age of 30, it Realy helps, its only on prescription in the swan River Colony, so it embarrassing at the medical centre, when there is a new Doctor,and I ask for the script, and they have never heard of it!" I have to go through the whole story again!!!!"Doctor I realy do need to look younger!",.............. and it as cheap as chips!"

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Beauty of Spirit in people like Audrey Hepburn will always shine through.

Yes, she was a beauty because of her looks when she was younger - and she had a hard life as a teen in War-torn Holland - but she continued to be beautiful because of her graciousness and generous spirit as she aged. So wrinkles didn't age her the way a poor outlook would have!

I've never thought too much about how I look or how I will look as I age. I'm not really that fussed over it. Wrinkles and grey hair will no doubt come. [huh] Just got to keep that happy outlook that means inner beauty will shine through. I personally think I have too many quirks about my looks to be called anything near 'beautiful', but not everyone can be stunning. You just have to work with what you have.

Oh, and genetics sure help! Both my parents look much younger than in their late 60s, although my Dad is super wrinkly from alot of years in the sun whilst my mother who has never liked sunbathing has great skin.

Stay out of the sun! That, and keep smiling. :D

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
While I'm not scared of a few wrinkles, I do hope I have inherited my mum's skin - she spent years, decades even, going abroad to hot sunny places (my grandad was a travel agent and she worked for him for 15 years, going everywhere, and has had the bug ever since too) and never used the slightest bit of sunscreen until a few years ago. While I obviously would never advocate this, her skin is fantastic and apart from the usual wrinkles - forehead, crows feet and smile lines, she looks absolutely great and at least 10 years younger than 63.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner