Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why are wrinkles undesireable?

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Looking through the posted then-and-now pics (and thanks for posting them), I think hair dye like in the pic directly above this post and heavy makeup only ages a women even more.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Anwen said:
I absolutely adore Catherine Deneuve, Isabella Rosselini and Isabelle Huppert, they are amazing looking women. I'd like to add a quick word for the beautiful Audrey Hepburn who aged quite naturally yet stayed stunning (I have seen pictures of her wrinklier than these, but can't find any online):

hepburn02.jpg

Audrey Hepburn is my ageing inspiration! I think she looked amazing - with no botox, fillers or facelifts - she just aged naturally and gracefully. I can't help but wonder if she hadn't smoked would she have looked any different?

Ava Gardner looked amazing also - particularly when you take into consideration how fond she was of the sauce....she lived a very full life that's for sure.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Anita Ekberg

85.jpg
200px-Anitaekberg.jpg

aphoto2124def.jpg

This last pic made me laugh! She looks so funny and cute, her face has so much character! I wouldn't mind being Swedish sin personified when I'm young, and then having a face that shows my crazy character when I'm old.
anita_ekberg1_1189968938_1588328.jpg

Avalon

A-List Customer
I have the beginnings of smile lines around my mouth (I have a gigantic smile! lol) and I love them. I have a few grey hairs and I adore them. I've earned every inch of what I have!

My hope is that my hair becomes like my Nanny's when I'm old enough - beautiful silver around the face, fading to a darker grey. Just gorgeous.

Nanny in 1945:
24qk5l4.png

Nanny in the early 1990s:
5d06xi.jpg

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vitamin D is your friend!

Lillemor said:
...I wear sunblock year round but I can't stay as much out of the sun as I have in the past because blood tests show I lack D-vitamin. Any other people in this hemisphere been diagnosed with that?...!

Actually, unless you spend all day, every day outside with no sunblock, no glass between you and the sun, and no clothes on, you are getting less sun than we are designed for.

They have been doing a lot of research on Vitamin D lately, and discovering that your body produces a secondary chemical when the Vitamin D is created that is vital to immune system function. There is excitement in the medical community that this could be the missing link they need for many diseases, like cancer.

You can't get enough by drinking milk, you would have to drink 50 glasses a day. It's recommended that you take a huge dose for a few months to replenish the supply and then back off to a smaller dose for maintenance.

I have been trying to remember to take it all the time since I learned this in the spring, and I have to say I feel a lot better and haven't been sick at all, even though the flu is rampant!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
I love this thread, and felt like posting pics of my idol Joanna Lumley <3. I'd never seen the young version of her before, I prefere the "all grown-up" version much better haha! Thank heaven for my Patsy Stone future!

Ingenue
oanna-lumley-2.jpg

All grown-up
patsy.jpg
joanna-lumley.jpg

joanna-lumley-004.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh girls worry too much. My girlfriend does too. But I always keep tellingt her how beautiful she is. Maybe she will believe me someday

:)

Edward

Bartender
I'm in my mid thirties now, and just recently I've come to resemble Bogart's ghost. Not in a good way I hasten to add: if my eyes get any more sunken in, I'll be seeing out the back of my head. Fortunately men never have had to look good, as long as they're wealthy. Unfortunately, I'll never be wealthy.... :rolleyes: What women face is something else, though. If I'm an ugly duckling that has grown up to be..... an ugly duck.... so what? But you ladies.... As a friend of mine put it recently, "Who's the man most in the public conscience in the UK? Probably Gordon Brown, or maybe Obama. And who's the woman most in the public mind? Jordan, or Victoria Beckham, or Cheryl Cole." That about says it all, really. :(

For me, well.... I have a number of female friends who are all very beautiful women (I'll not give any indications as to identiy, I've gotten myself into eough trouble over the years as it is!)... and as they get older, they get only better looking. There's something about a woman in her mid late thirties, when she knows who she is and what she wants out of life.... a hint of a crow's foot is indeed something I find incredibly sexy.... a sign she has truly lived. to be honest, teaching in the University, I'm surrounded day and daily by plenty of beautiful youg girls, but really..... these days the idea of a relationship with anyone under thirty just leaves me cold. Partly that's a preference for someone with a shared level of experience of life, intellect and all the rest that only comes with being of an age and generation, but equally a woman my own age or a touch older simply more often than not has a physical appeal that a younger lady does not. [huh]

PrettySquareGal said:
I will try this another way:

Haven't you ever known someone who you thought was a knock-out, male or female, and that it had NOTHING to do with their God-given appearance or age?

Haven't you know people, young and old, who were superficially good-looking but had such a sour soul that they become ugly?

Haven't you engaged with others who were "plain" in appearance but so lovely inside that you only see who they are and their appearance is secondary?

Absolutely.

$ally said:
Ouch, I'm guilty :eek: I thought, yuck, he's too old to play the romantic lead, gimme some eye candy. Shame on me.

It's about damn time the tables were turned on the men.... Actually, I really was overjoyed when I gathered that Indy IV was going to be set later and have him play himself as an older man, it's what I had been saying they should do all along. For once Hollywood wasn't being ridiculous about the age thing. And that they reunited him with Marion, a woman turly his equal, rather than pairing him up with some floozy less than half his age.... I remember laughing incredulously at Connery being paired off with wotsit in Entrapment, the ridiculousness of it all..... and then a few short months later she married Michael Douglas.... lol

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lillemor, I was diagnosed with a severe Vitamin D deficiency last fall. I took a prescription Vitamin D for 3 months, then was re-tested and backed off to a daily over-the-counter Vitamin D. I had some pre-cancerous skin cells removed from my face about 10yrs ago and ALWAYS use sunscreen. My doctor said that Vitamin D deficiency is becoming very common now, since more people work indoors and have given up tanning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner