Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your beauty mistakes

Mrs.Williams

New in Town
When I was 13, I had very long hair, glasses, and an unhealthy obsession with blue camo print.... Seriously, I had a blue sequined (SEQUINED) camo shirt, blue camo shoes, and a blue camo headscarf. There's only one photo, mercifully.
Around the same time, I also had an obsession with leather pants..... :-|

Antje

One Too Many
Orange make up all over??? don't know why I ever done that, and madonna kinda hair, I looked like a little hooker overloaded with make up.
I'm so happy my parents didn't take a lot of pictures in the past.
I was a little crazy with the make up back in those days

Penny Dreadful

One of the Regulars
When I was 18 I was finally out of my mom's house and wanted to dye my hair purple, so I had a friend in beauty school bleach it because that's what you have to do first. It scared me so much I stopped there and didn't dye it. Instead I toned it to white, which looked cool, and did just a strand of the purple. But then my roots showed after less than a week and I was too lazy/distracted (college, eh?) to keep toning it, and my hair faded to a horrible brassy yellow, and the purple strand became a washed out hot pink that was running and staining the hair next to it. I looked like a massacred barbie. Thank god there are no pictures of this.

Juliet

A-List Customer
Oh, definitely overplucking eyebows! What on earth was I thinking? That I'd look good with eyebrows that resembled drunken snakes?

I also have a potential disaster story. See, when I was on my quest to find a hair colour that would be to my liking (am a dark blonde naturally), for some time I dyed my hair with Lush's Caca Noir (henna and indigo mix). And it gave me the most wonderful sable hair, if I say so myself. But then, I decided, I needed red hair. As in, immediately.
So what does clever me do? I pick up a bottle of some hair bleacher and bleach my hair white. No kidding. I even left it on for extra ten minutes to be sure.
Then I blow-dry my hair (see? I was impatient!) and straight after I dye it with Caca Rouge (henna).
The most amazing thing is - it turned out great. I'm using it still.
But every time I think how close I came to having GREEN hair - I shudder.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot