Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your long range weather forecast: COLD

Stand By

One Too Many
Good day all,
Just saw this news item - and I see that the latest Farmer's Almanac long-range weather forecast for the US and Canada is out and the Winter forecast is: COLD - and, in my 17 years of experience up here, I'd say that it's about 80% accurate on average - sometimes 100% which is always rather spooky!
So, IF this is right, and if any of you here are prevaricating on whether or not to take the plunge on that C3/B3/ANJ-4/M444/Irvin you've had in mind, this may well be the opportune time to get your order in early ... forewarned is forearmed, as they say.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...torm-Super-Bowl-predicts-Farmers-Almanac.html

Or it could be just the excuse you need ...!!! ;)

Last edited:
I heard this last night on the news. 2/3 of the US is supposed to have record cold…
We'll see. It's been a mellow summer for us up until the last week or so. I'd be happy for cooler weather myself.

Stand By

One Too Many
And if it is wrong, well, you got the jacket you wanted anyway and there's always next year ...!

But I hope it's correct. I want to test my B3/C3 combo and see how that fares in extreme cold ... and there's only one way to find out!
Old Man Winter: do your worst.

simonc

Practically Family
Wait did someone say COLD?
XyeuGEA.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
The leaves are starting to turn here, though the last couple days have been in the 80s. I'm looking forward to cooler weather one way or the other.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
We're just saying goodbye to winter... I'm going to miss it. Really been enjoying wearing my boots, jeans and jackets every day. :(

I feel your pain...my new teamster is just starting to break in nicely. Doubt I'll get more than another 3 maybe 4 weeks of wear in it this year ;(

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Triple digits in N Texas through August 31st and still no rain. :flame: Hopefully cooler weather here by November 1st. I'll believe a cool/wet winter when I see it. [huh]

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Farmer's Almanac long-range weather forecast for the US and Canada.. I'd say that it's about 80% accurate on average
80% is the FA claim as well but in truth it is more like 50% after perusal of weather records. Still it's probably better to get the jacket just to be on the safe side. :)

Stand By

One Too Many
I'm hoping it's right. It's sunny and 28C up here again - and with the wretched humidity and no wind at all, it feels like 38C and distinctly swampy. I'm so sick and tired of sweating. Roll on Autumn ...

But at least it's better than that bone-dry heat that is creating all the wildfires for you all down in TX and CA - so I shouldn't complain that it feels like a big armpit up here ! You guys I do feel for ....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails