Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

“Rancher” Jacket Research. Cody Rancher, Bay River, Hodkins and other.

Yevhen

New in Town
Once, I saw a post on Leigh's Instagram, with a Cody Rancher jacket, there was little information, but I remembered it. a few years later, i came across a Bay River jacket that was identical to the cody rancher, at the time i was very interested in this model as it was quite rare, and i started looking for info and this is all i have found so far.
Also thanks to Leigh, we kept sharing the information we found
IMG_8787.jpeg

Last edited:

Yevhen

New in Town
The main thing we know, thanks to Leigh, the brand name is “Cody”, “Rancher” is the model, Because “Cody Fringe” was found.
A characteristic feature is the square pockets, pay attention to this, it is important, secondly the shape of the collar
IMG_7720.jpeg

Last edited:

Yevhen

New in Town
And this is a “Bay River” jacket that I happened to find, as you can see, it is identical to the Cody Rancher, so the conclusion is obvious, they are made in the same factory. As you can see on the tag, the Bay River brand was located in San Jose, California. Also an interesting detail, the jacket is made to order from an old saddle maker “McLelland”
IMG_7563.jpeg
IMG_7571.jpeg
IMG_7565.jpeg
IMG_7568.jpeg
IMG_7566.jpeg

Last edited:

Yevhen

New in Town
The following searches got results, new variants of the Bay River Rancher were found, in addition to different color options, the most interesting thing is the Sherpa? lining. An identical model to the Cody Fringe was also found, confirming the hypothesis of production at the same factory
IMG_7823.jpeg

Last edited:

Yevhen

New in Town
And this is a find that I am proud of!
What we see here is probably a Cody Rancher jacket, the button version
“The Virginian” Season 2, Episode 19.
2 season was released in 1963
3CBE17D3-6639-4939-BDC5-C50E0A5DCC00.jpeg
1C6EC4B9-A7A9-4448-8F2E-92A357428AF2.jpeg
83409780-BD34-444D-AF1D-32FE2BDA3B5E.jpeg

Last edited:

Yevhen

New in Town
For now, this is all the information I could find. If anyone has any jackets or other items of these brands, please share them here with detailed photos. also share your thoughts about them. I personally already want this jacket.
IMG_8801.jpeg

Last edited:
And this is a “Bay River” jacket that I happened to find, as you can see, it is identical to the Cody Rancher, so the conclusion is obvious, they are made in the same factory. As you can see on the tag, the Bay River brand was located in San Jose, California. Also an interesting detail, the jacket is made to order from an old saddle maker “McLelland”
I want this jacket

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner