Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1936 Apparel Arts Anniversary Issue Images

James_E

New in Town
Ok gents, lets start with Apprel Arts advance spring 1934 edition, please keep in mind this magazine is 11 1/4" x 14" so it doesn't fit on my scanner. I've tried a few methods but it's hard to get good shots, lighting is a tricky because the paper is a bit glossy... lets try the first 14 pages and see what you think.

1LU0VF.jpg

442NnO.jpg

mqkd41.jpg

zJEwQY.jpg

inKXxg.jpg

1u8hje.jpg

3cBlkQ.jpg

xLU6OG.jpg

JBYbSb.jpg

wciPOE.jpg

James_E

New in Town
Okay guys, I'll post another batch tonight. This issue of Apparel Arts is much smaller than the 5th anniversary edition so it's shouldn't take too long to post, however the Men's Wear has well over 100 pages as does American Fabrics...

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I love the suggested suit/shirt/tie combinations: a prince of wales check with striped shirt and spotted tie! Bold choice.

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
I definitely saved all those suggested pattern/color combos. And man, the shirting fabrics on offer then. Just extraordinary.

Last edited:

Anthony_Eden

New in Town
Wonderful !!! My dream (apart from having the real ones in my Library) would be to be able to have all the issues in high quality .pdf to browse... Real ones are so expensive those days... Thanks for sharing!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
The original attachments by the OP are showing as jpgs but I can't open them in any program I have (I want to be able to magnify some of them to read the text). Does anyone now what program they will open in?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
They all opened in Irfanview 64 for me. I just copied and pasted them and all was good. Irfanview is a free photo viewer.

Michael

Nobert

Practically Family
They open in M.S. Paint, if you're using a P.C., at least on my P.C. They also work with GIMP, a freeware version of Photoshop (I also had malware trouble with Irfanview in the past, but have installed GIMP on three or more different computers with no problems). You also may be able to open the image in a new tab and magnify with your browser.

Last edited:

Nobert

Practically Family
OR... download the image, choose the "rename" option for the file and manually add the .jpg extension, or save the file with the extension in the first place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points