Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940's Grey Beaver Dunlap & Co Superior

metropd

One Too Many
militarywatch213.jpg

militarywatch214.jpg

militarywatch216.jpg

militarywatch217.jpg

Mint condition other than black ribbon has come off.
No stains, rips, nibbles, tears, smells
size 7 1/8 regular oval
brim 2 3/4 bound edge
Open Crown 5 3/4 and NO TAPER
Color: neutral gray (not warm and not cool)
You need no steam to crease the hat only your hands, it will hold any crease by hand. The hat is Featherwieght and perfect for summer.
Price $175 shipped anywhere in the USA. Contact me for overseas shipping.
My paypal is nicholasengel@yahoo.com. PLEASE SEND AS GIFT.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Metro I tried sending a message but it says that your account is full.

I would like to make an offer for this hat and the other gray with burgundy ribbon.

please contact me.

metropd

One Too Many
Its disturbing that the finest made fedora I have ever owned, Far nicer than my bespoke Optimos, can't even sell for a $100. I have wanted to be a hatter and learn how to make great quality hats, but this is evidence there is NO future in the hat industry.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't know if I'd say that.

metropd said:
Its disturbing that the finest made fedora I have ever owned, Far nicer than my bespoke Optimos, can't even sell for a $100. I have wanted to be a hatter and learn how to make great quality hats, but this is evidence there is NO future in the hat industry.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ask any of the "big guys" Optimo, Art, White, etc. business has declined since the economy went in the toilet.

I have toyed with being a hatter as well, but there is a lot of money involved in startup costs. once you have the tools to build a quality hat, they you have to market yourself. but just look Penman's and the Delk's of the world. it is possible.

but considering that 4 out of 5 small business fail within a year, it's not an easy road.

metropd

One Too Many
RobFedoraField said:
Ask any of the "big guys" Optimo, Art, White, etc. business has declined since the economy went in the toilet.

I have toyed with being a hatter as well, but there is a lot of money involved in startup costs. once you have the tools to build a quality hat, they you have to market yourself. but just look Penman's and the Delk's of the world. it is possible.

but considering that 4 out of 5 small business fail within a year, it's not an easy road.

You are right. I just took it a little personaly that this hat has not sold for this price. I would not feel that way with any of my other hats, but this hat is simply the finest fedora I have owned. Buying this hat for a $100 should be considered an investment as with time one should easily be able to turn around and sell it at the very least for $200. I really don't understand my price is very reasonable, the quality speaks for itself, the styling is perfect for the fedoralounge, and the hat size is very common, and its been on here awhile.

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Metropd, it's silly to take something like this personally. The market is fickle, especially for vintage stuff. It may be worth what you're asking, but if nobody buys it at that price, it isn't worth it. Any item is only worth what people will pay.

Either keep dropping the price until it sells, or do what Marc and other vintage dealers/sellers do--sit on it until demand rises and you think you can get a better price.

Either way, don't keep bumping it and trying to sell it at the same price for months on end. Other forums have rules that you can't bump your sales thread without a price drop, and sometimes I think such a rule would make sense here.

RobStC

A-List Customer
Hi Metropd,

If this is still available, I will make you a firm offer of purchasing it for $100~ plus whatever the shipping to the UK costs.

Please let me know if it's still available.

Regards,

RobStC

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
A day late and a dollar...well I have the dollar! I was just too late to notice it!!

Hey metro!

Don't ever take it personal my friend. Life is too short to give yourself an ulcer. Besides, for many of us, we don't always get to check every thread. Then there's the money crunch everyone is in.

Excellent lid though!!

I think Rob got a steal...literally!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran