Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1948 Home Decorating Encyclopedia - LAST DAY!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Part 5

This is The American Woman's Encyclopedia of Home Decorating, 4th ed, 1948, by Helen Koues (for many years Director of Fashions and Director of the Studio of Architecture, Building and Furnishing of Good Housekeeping Magazine). 976 pages. Very clean, no stains or tears that I have found (976 is a lot of pages). Cover is clean and spine is tight. Lots of photos and drawings, with quite a few bright color photos! Measures 9"x6"x2.25"

Following are the book chapters: 1. How to Decorate Your Livingroom 2. How to Decorate Your Dining Room 3. Bedroom 4. Combination Rooms 5. How to Choose and Make Your Curtains and Draperies 6. How to Make Slipcovers, Dressing Tables and Bedspreads 7. Boys' and Girls' Rooms 8. Game and Hobby Rooms 9. Porches, Terraces and Sundecks 10. How to Make Small Things Count in Decorating 11. How to Set and Decorate Your Table 12. Plan and Decorate Your Kitchen and Dinette 13. Bathroom 14. How to Make the Most of Your Closets 15. Making the Most of What You Have 16. How to Modernize Old Rooms 17. 101 Ways to Solve Decorating Problems 18. How to Refinish Your Furniture 19. How to Know Something About Antique Furniture 20. How to Plan and Choose Your House

decoratingencyclopedia.jpg

decoratingpages.jpg

I will take BEST OFFER for this book. 5 days. If you're interested, please PM me with the price you're offering for this book before midnight Sunday June 22nd.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, I think a lot of stuff got lost in the Classifieds over the past week. There was SO much stuff getting posted!

It's definitely a neat book and Lawn Flamingo is the lucky new owner!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24