Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1950s Dobbs Twenty

LadyPowers

Familiar Face
Here is a Dobbs Twenty. When it was brand new it cost $20.00. I got it vintage and it came with the original box. The size is 7-1/4. The ribbon is two inches wide. The brim has a Guild Edge, 2-1/2 inches and a blocked crown which is 5 inches. On the sweatband it states Leisure Flex. The felt is medium weight and is soft, and dense. Some type of ventilation system: in the rear of the sweatband it is corrugated and underneath it is a rectangular spongy material about 4 inches long by one inch wide. The liner is in pristine shape for its age, and has no foxing. The very top of the liner where the Dobbs logo is has plastic with no tears. This was basically a good find.
This Dobbs is mine and not JP’s. :p

Dobbs_Twenty_Brown_1940s.jpg

Dobbs_Twenty_Guild_Edge_Brown_1940s.jpg

Dobbs_Twenty_Liner_Guild_Edge_Brown_1940s.jpg

Regards,

Lady Powers

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
Yes, Matt, looking forward to those pics.

Lady P, what a great hat. So close to what I am looking for myself. Actually, dang near the hat. Good for you. Very nice.

Did I mention how much I wish that hat fit ME? ;) :p
I doubt I can get twenty mintues alone with it and my hat stretcher though. ;)
The interesting thing about it is the corrugated sweatband in the back that kind of shapes to your head.
I will see if I can get some pictures of it being worn. :cool2:

Regards to all,

J

LadyPowers

Familiar Face
Dobbs Twenty

I don’t know what Dobbs would classify this particular shade of medium brown. The factory reorder number tag found under the sweatband: Oval Reg, To Duplicate R 50034, Block 5064 Size 5 1/2 7 ¼. Original ticket price$20 found under the sweatband also included the following information GIC075, and 7 1/4.

I bought the Dobbs Twenty 1950s with a Serikon Borsalino 1970s last year on eBay. The Dobbs was exactly what I wanted. I saw the pictures and knew it was the right one for me.

Here are some pictures. Below is a picture of the ventilation system

Picture097.jpg

Picture093.jpg

Picture112.jpg

Regards,
Lady Powers

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
LP -- Have you considered becoming a hat model? You look great in that hat, and I can discern you would look good in most any hat.

That hat was a great score; do keep it away from James and his hat stretcher.

Thanks for the photos.

karol

K.D. Lightner said:
That hat was a great score; do keep it away from James and his hat stretcher.

She has no worries. I just got in a few brown hats. :p
I will have to post a few pictures of me in my old Capper and Capper plush.
I think the most interesting hat LP has is a 20s-30s stetson plush in really nice shade of brown---not new but definitely different. :)

Regards to all,

J

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
That's good to know, James. I have a bunch of brownish hats at this time, but none look quite as nice as LadyPowers fedora.

Glad we will get to see photos of some of your new hats. What is a Capper? Is that a style or a nickname?

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner