Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2 Jackets - The Beauty and The Beast

bigeats

New in Town
Hello,

Long time lurker here but thought I would post a thread about 2 jackets I stumbled across online from the same seller.

First one is a 1930s sports jacket. real beauty of jacket and I'm going to put in a sneaky bid I think, label states maker as Windshield, anybody heard of them?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vtg-30s-W...758984?hash=item3620eedcc8:g:gWMAAOSwm3ZZsadH

The second one is just an awful jacket, in my opinion. I guess its a bit like marmite you either love it or hate it but to me its just a mish-mash design that really doesn't work

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stunning-...587308?hash=item4d62f3332c:g:iy8AAOSwGhZZsamg

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The B3 is rather odd. I can imagine they thought it was tapping into a corner of their custom's enthusiasms - WWII memorabilia etc - but it falls between two bar stools. I like the other one, though...

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That sunburst is pretty damn funky! I couldn't pull it off even if it was my size but it's cool as hell

I love the leather jacket. It's very cool. Unique. The B3? is a bit of a head scratcher but looks interesting enough. Not my cup but I wouldn't think any worse of some gent sporting it.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
The older jacket looks fine for a person with the right build. If companies decided to reproduce this I personally don't think the shape would work for us fatties(i.e. me:D)
Not keen on the B3, looks like something Avirax may have sold during the 1990s. They had no idea during the early 80s making every sheepskin with slash pockets and sticking a dodgy military style label in it.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I'm with Dumpster Diver on that Avirex jacket.
I think the problem is that we know enough to look at it as a messed up B-3, when if we ignored that fact, it'd make a cool jacket for an outdoors kinda guy, or a trucker or rancher. I'd wear it with my Stetson on a horse.

eugenesque

One of the Regulars
The leather one looks really interesting. Not usually a fan of buttons on leather jackets but this one doesn't look too bad. Seems like quite a slim and cropped fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR