Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30's~40's Work Boots

mattfink

Practically Family
Doublegun said:
I called Baker earlier this summer and there are options available in terms of leather and finish. If/when I order a pair I am going to request a capped toe - just to dress up the shoe a little.

I think you can get the capped toe on the Bounty Hunter but not on the Semi-Dress? At least these are the options when ordering on their site.

Doublegun

Practically Family
mattfink said:
I think you can get the capped toe on the Bounty Hunter but not on the Semi-Dress? At least these are the options when ordering on their site.

You can get a capped toe on the Semi-Dress from Whites but you can't get the Traveler from Whites, only Bakers. The Traveler is made for Baker by Whites and is available only through Baker.

mattfink

Practically Family
Doublegun said:
I called Baker earlier this summer and there are options available in terms of leather and finish. If/when I order a pair I am going to request a capped toe - just to dress up the shoe a little.

The Travelers look great! I really like the blocked heel vs. the normal White's heel.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
mike said:
what do you guys think of these stacy adams ankle shoes?

ASH00169.jpg

ASH00169a.jpg

ASH00169b.jpg

Hey, I have those.
Bought on a whim from a dealer friend, they are fun for dances & no more. The soft leather is comfortable, but the soles arent hardy at all.
My quick fix was to have the shoeguy put a Vibram covering after one wear.
But all in all, theyre a fun shoe to wear to a `20s dance.

Doublegun

Practically Family
mattfink said:
I wouldn't categorize the Stacy Adams as "work boots"...more like you describe as "ankle shoes".

I was thinking the same thing but I suppose it depends on the kind of "work" one does.

For me the Traveler is probably the closest to what I am looking for. I would like to see the "Darby" from Wolverine but if they are like the 1,000 mile boot I am sure that I'll be disappointed.

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
stacyshoe00026bbg.jpg

Some more non-work Stacy A. boots, but I bet they look really fancy under a pair of denim coveralls. Shame about the zipper.

mattfink

Practically Family
Mysterious Mose said:
stacyshoe00026bbg.jpg

Some more non-work Stacy A. boots, but I bet they look really fancy under a pair of denim coveralls. Shame about the zipper.

I think you'd look like a farmer going to church! LOL!!!

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
Yeah, real shame. Might as well use phoney buttons and velcro. Lazy modern people, you can find these old buttonhooks everywhere. On the positive side, they look a lot sturdier than the Stacy's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn