Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30's~40's Work Boots

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
There are one or two shoemakers who make theatrical footwear,
making buttoning boots- no zips but the boots aren't actually so pretty either...
There MUST be someone making them in a nice style, withouts zips.
I think we need to put our lateral shopping hats on and look in the
Wild West and Civil War areas of interest.....

...BT

Speedster

Practically Family
BellyTank said:
There are one or two shoemakers who make theatrical footwear,
making buttoning boots- no zips but the boots aren't actually so pretty either...
There MUST be someone making them in a nice style, withouts zips.
I think we need to put our lateral shopping hats on and look in the
Wild West and Civil War areas of interest.....

...BT

Zak Schue (http://www.zakschuhe.at) in Vienna have been making a buttoning boot (the Gamasche) since 1912.

bilde.jpg

20090709013801zak01.jpg

Not a working boot, though...

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
400 euro for the Tricouni.
That's what, 40 euro, 35 pounds, 50 dollars per year for a pair of well-made, good looking utilitarian boots.
It ain't pricey, it's money well spent.

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
I have a number of shoes from Schuh Bertl:
The Monaco (obviously)
Haferlschuhe
Sanders scotch grain NOS shoes (metal plates removed)
and a pair of Bertls 2003 boots.

The shoes are the among the best I have and the shop is a beauty. You should really stop by there, if you happen to be in Munich.

About the Tricouni's: they look great, but I can hardly think of any real world situation where those make sense. If you plan on serious alpine adventures in ice and snow, those would be too heavy. If you pan on wearing them to town, you will ruin any wooden floor or carpet and will be heard blocks away. Bertl does some things for fun and I understand the Tricouni's are among those items.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
eClairvaux said:
I have a number of shoes from Schuh Bertl:
The Monaco (obviously)
Haferlschuhe
Sanders scotch grain NOS shoes (metal plates removed)
and a pair of Bertls 2003 boots.

The shoes are the among the best I have and the shop is a beauty. You should really stop by there, if you happen to be in Munich.

About the Tricouni's: they look great, but I can hardly think of any real world situation where those make sense. If you plan on serious alpine adventures in ice and snow, those would be too heavy. If you pan on wearing them to town, you will ruin any wooden floor or carpet and will be heard blocks away. Bertl does some things for fun and I understand the Tricouni's are among those items.

My brother lives in Munich I will be sure to tell him about his next purchase!

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Red Wing 9012

Do these count as 40's or is the moc-toed workshoe considered 50's and later? I'm just curious if anyone has these and could tell me if they're as comfy as my Red Wing Iron-rangers.. I'm saving up for a pair of new boots..
9012-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails