Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30's~40's Work Boots

jake431

Practically Family
BellyTank said:
Sears_Boots_34.jpg

B
T

And you can't beat the prices!
-Jake

Clyde R.

One of the Regulars
Try some boondockers

I didn't have time to read the entire thread here, so I hope these haven't already been discussed. I have a pair of WWII Impressions USMC "boondocker" boots that I like a lot. They are made "rough side out" with the smooth leather on the inside. The army wore a very similar boot during WWII as well, with a slightly more rounded toe. My boondockers look good with jeans, khakis, just about any casual ensemble. They have a nice retro look and don't break the bank at $150 bucks. Very comfotable, too. My Dad joined the Marines in the early 50's and brown leather boondockers were still issued then. They also issued a neat rough side out higher topped "combat boot" that was just a tall pair of boondockers. It's my understanding that the Navy still calls their high topped work shoes, "boondockers."
http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/images/boondocker.JPG

Speedster

Practically Family
Just received a pair of Red Wing 1908 Moctoe yesterday from Germany (www.volls.de). A little expensive at EUR 269,- but was too slow pushing the purchase button when i had the chance to get them from England at GBP 140,-. The size 8 dissapeared in front of me and now they only have size 12 left

1908-z1.jpg

Very nice boots indeed, but still have then Aldens on my must have list.

Speedster

Speedster

Practically Family

Harry Lime

Suspended
So how excited am I? I ordered a pair of White's semi-dress taht I never would have discovered without you guys. Got a call today, they got my measurements and are starting on them as we speak. Can't wait. Again, this is what I love about the FL- a little knowledge exchanged allowed me to find a pair of boots I would have never believed they made anymore. Thanks men. Can't wait to get 'em.

Harry Lime

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Harry,
Glad to hear you ordered a pair. Sorry to say that I haven't ordered mine yet as I'm about to move and can't spare the extra cash at the moment. I did receive the catalog and they look like great boots. Please let us know how they are when you get them. The waitings the hardest part.... Cheers! Sefton

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Whoa. Vladimir, those boots are beautiful. How long have you owned yours and how would you rate the quality of construction/materials?
I'm awaiting a pair of W.C. Russell moc-toed motorcycle boots. Any of you folks own Russell's out there? This will be my first pair.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I have had mine a couple of years. Overall the quality is good. Not as good as Lost Battalions, At the Front or Grigsby boots but then again they are 1/3 the price. I have worn mine in the rain, mud and snow and they are still holding up if that means anything.

Harry Lime

Suspended
MudInYerEye said:
Whoa. Vladimir, those boots are beautiful. How long have you owned yours and how would you rate the quality of construction/materials?
I'm awaiting a pair of W.C. Russell moc-toed motorcycle boots. Any of you folks own Russell's out there? This will be my first pair.

Mud,

What is the name of the pair you ordered? I don't see one called a moc-toe, I assume it's the Cavalier maybe? Nice boots. Let us know how they turn and out (and I'll do likewise with my White's.)

Harry Lime

Vincence

New in Town
Hello Mud,

I own both Whites and Russell mocs.
The Whites feel and fit great but I did have bad luck with the Russel boots.
Somehow the sizing did not work out in my case. I even send them a pair of lasts for my second try. But still the fit is not good. Too short for a hiking boot.
Also I had problems with the quality of the Russels. In both pairs the shanks came loose after a couple of weeks. My local shoemaker told me that the shank was rather badly glued in place. Still I like the design.
hope you have better luck

Vincence

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR