Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30's~40's Work Boots

volleykinginnc

Familiar Face
Picked these up today, and for next to nothing. They are dead ringers for the RRL Bowery Boot for 1/10th of the price!
3724735370_f621479424_b.jpg
What style are these and where did you buy them? I've googled it but can't seem to find them? Sorry not these but the JD Fisk. Are they decent quality?

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Curse you, you.... enablers!!!!

:rage:

;)

:p

I just impulse ordered the black Marco boots..... Will report back when they arrive.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a question, folks: I bought the Redwing Beckmans 9016 half a year ago and have worn them quite often. Now the two parts of the sole (leather and rubber) seem to come apart at the tip of the shoe. Not much but it kinda worries me. Is this normal? I don't have many pairs of shoes so there is not much rotation.

Thanks

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Doesn't seem normal to me. I wear mine about once a week and have had them for about 9 months.

Flat Foot Floey

Thanks. I have a talent for trashing shoes but I thought it was because I usually buy cheaper brands. I also don't know what I did wrong. I didn't leave them wet and cold or something. I usually wipe them with a cloth and let them dry on newspaper sheets.

So maybe there is a quick fix at the cobbler for this before it gets worse? Glue? I don't want to pay a resoling so soon.

Flat Foot Floey

Good question. I don't know. They don't tell in the description. But if they were welted it would be mentioned, wouldn't it?

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
I am quite sure that they are not welted but glued! The stiching is nowhere to be seen and at that price I doubt that you will be able to find welted ones. They do look nice though...

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Biltrite black military ankle boots?
3115b33d.jpg

a5e9dc9a.jpg

379450a9.jpg

dab2a9ef.jpg

All the times ive been to the thrift store these boots have been at every location, anybody know the history on these?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Canadian military issue. The thrift shops in Halifax are full of them, too. I had a pair for about a year that someone had put giant lug soles on. Very comfortable and well built, but the leather eventually cracked from heavy wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran