Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

30's~40's Work Boots

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm leaning toward the Chippewas. But then the suggestion for the Red Wings came up on the site while I was perusing. The bump toe is usually more appealing to me, but the Chippewas look more authentically vintage to my eye.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Handmade Maremmano Upland Rough Boots

HandmadeMaremmanoUplandRoughBoots.jpg

Does anyone know of this maker?
Handmade Italian hunting boots.
They also do some lovely dressier shoes.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Anybody have experience with the vibram soles on frozen snow or ice?

This could just be my own experience but with my vibram soled boot is that were really slippery on sidewalks/streets with a sheet of ice or frozen snow on them. Far more than ordinary rubber soled shoes.

filfoster

One Too Many
I was wondering if anyone here has found a sturdy golden era styled boot? I'm looking for a low (6 inch ankle) lace up type. It can't have any modern looking parts, i.e. logos,velcro,etc. I like the look of the Alden 405 (the Indy boot) but it is a bit expensive at almost $300. I may yet get a pair but would like to look at some alternatives. Thanks. Best regards, Sefton

Interesting to see how much these have gone up in price since the original post, and adopted by J Crew for its hipster look.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

These seem to be "work" enough for me....however, I may be placing them on the Lounge classifieds...perhaps?????

I have another more "dress" boots on their way, but they are heading to a member already if he wants them, or he may even wants these???? LOL! I do think these are some really serious work boots.....

Last edited:

illumin8em

A-List Customer
Good stuff Ed. Regardless of what you think about Julian's labor choices, you cannot argue that this is not a fine boot

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Not to derail this thread, but what is the issue with Julian's labor choices? I have been very impressed with his work, even if his RRL engineer boots are difficult to put on and take off :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran