Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

7 Wonders of the World Necktie

in/y

One of the Regulars
Greetings! It's always nice when you can wear a vintage tie whose pattern relates to the situation you are in. Yesterday, I was at a meeting with a professor of ancient history (I'm a college librarian) and chose to wear an ancient history tie... OK so all my ties are ancient, sort of.

In my tie collection I have a tie whose pattern is of the Tomb of Mausolus (better known today as the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus), one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.

According to the tag, the tie was made by Van Heusen and is apparently part of the Seven Wonders of the World series.

I've had this tie for almost 20 years and have never seen another one from the series.

Does anyone else have any ties from this series? I'd sure like to see them (even if I can't own them). Perhaps there are some ad for the Seven Wonders ties out there.
tie1.jpg

tie2.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
That is very cool. I think I remember reading about the 7 Wonders ties in one of my tie books. Will see if I can dig up some text or pictures.

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
I have one with the Taj Mahal and one with the Statue of Zeus at Olympia - I will try to find them and post a photo...Seems one of mine had a label from an airport shop - they appear to be from the late 40's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR