Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

70's m65 verify

fender62

New in Town
i have seen this jacket for sale, but id like to know if its genuine, what would you pay max.
font.jpg
full.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 55

mumpy

A-List Customer
With my limited knowledge, the label seems to say DSA100-74 (military issue) so that means it is from 1974. Also the zipper looks correct for that period.

I have a civilian version from the 70s, same zipper, different label. I bought it in mint condition for like 130 dollars recently.

How's the overall condition on this one?

fender62

New in Town
thanks much appreciated, i pulled the proverbial trigger and bought it. as for condition erm it was off ebay so all i have is pics and description, looking at pics i cannot see where the name tag or u.s army patch would have been, and the airborne patch looks a little new, i paid $50 for it.

Last edited:

mumpy

A-List Customer
Looks like the two i got the hard way in 73’. Still going strong 50 yrs later.
They used lots of different zipper manufactures back then.
To this day i still have no idea what that button on the front top is for??
I think that button is there for attaching the optional parka hood. I do not have a hood though so never tried it.

mumpy

A-List Customer
thanks much appreciated, i pulled the proverbial trigger and bought it. as for condition erm it was off ebay so all i have is pics and description, looking at pics i cannot see where the name tag or u.s army patch would have been, and the airborne patch looks a little new, i paid $50 for it.
Nice one!

Yes the patch was likely attached much later. Looks new.

fender62

New in Town
It's part of the attachment system for the M65 parka hood. When the hood's worn up on the field jacket, there's a loop that attaches to that and helps to keep it in-place.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I think that button is there for attaching the optional parka hood. I do not have a hood though so never tried it.
In an effort to adapt and overcome, i just tried it once again. Boy that was fun!
The parka hood loop(s),five on the left, will reach that button but not near as fast as the memories of the frustration levels that led to the f**k that achieved then as now!
No doubt there’s an instruction manual for proper assembly for such an ill fitting adaptation. Does, however assemble instructionless in the fishtail parka it was designed for.
However, being just a Marine, all we ever got was leftovers so maybe there is a different hood that fits the M-65.
The Army might know.
Anyway…thanks for the memories. Lol
B

fender62

New in Town
having just received the jacket, the main zipper looks erm to new, im sure i can see where original was could be my eyes, hood zip and main zip have two different brand names, i get it's an old jacket and zips do break..

Last edited:

fender62

New in Town
where can i get that paperclip puller bit for the main conmar zip, very elusive and non on ebay either.

Last edited:

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In an effort to adapt and overcome, i just tried it once again. Boy that was fun!
The parka hood loop(s),five on the left, will reach that button but not near as fast as the memories of the frustration levels that led to the f**k that achieved then as now!
No doubt there’s an instruction manual for proper assembly for such an ill fitting adaptation. Does, however assemble instructionless in the fishtail parka it was designed for.
However, being just a Marine, all we ever got was leftovers so maybe there is a different hood that fits the M-65.
The Army might know.
Anyway…thanks for the memories. Lol
B
Thank you for your service AbbaDatDeHat !!

Peacoat

Bartender
Marines like to attach their favorite crayon to a piece of parachute cord and loop it around that button.

Semper Fi Brother

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Marines like to attach their favorite crayon to a piece of parachute cord and loop it around that button.

Semper Fi Brother
Good one @Peacoat!
You got me there.
Gotta admit i did get a little hungry there for a minute.

You know we’re not finished here.

De Oppresso Liber to you brother

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred