Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-1 Jacket / A1 Flying Jacket - The ultimate Golden Era flying accessory!

New A-1 with pics

OK, it's new to me - a very slightly pre-owned A-1 Good Wear in cape.
I already took a ration of **** on VLJ for the untucked shirt, so find something else to gripe about like the ugly guy wearing it lol
Let me know what you think. As you know, I don't get offended, so fire away!

<br>

A-1c.jpg

A-1b.jpg

A-1a.jpg

A-1d.jpg

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
You know that 'young dude in a hurry and too busy to tuck in' look is beginning to grow on me... ;-)
The A-1 looks good though, with the waist knit sorted it'll be a solid and stylish jacket.

Yeah, whatever Ian! I wet the waist and stuck it in the clothes dryer for 15 mins. It's a tad better now. Have to talk to JC to see if he'd think about putting on a new one. But given I don't button up much, it's not a huge deal.

oldcrow82

One of the Regulars
Almost looks like goat in the pictures. Love those aniline finishes. Looks a tad big IMHO Scott, better that than too small. I just sent back an A2 that in every way was about an inch too small. I got a great deal on it too.
Enough about me. The A1 is sharp and I didn't give it much consideration because of the buttons, but the more I look at it the more I'm love the A1.
We are all dying to know the quality of JC's capeskins!

jksu

Familiar Face
great jacket! fits great. unique seeing a button up leather jacket. agreed, awesome color and drape.

love that the watch band and shoes match too. what kind of watch/band and which shoes?

Almost looks like goat in the pictures. Love those aniline finishes. Looks a tad big IMHO Scott, better that than too small. I just sent back an A2 that in every way was about an inch too small. I got a great deal on it too. Enough about me. The A1 is sharp and I didn't give it much consideration because of the buttons, but the more I look at it the more I'm love the A1. We are all dying to know the quality of JC's capeskins!
No, it's not too big - on the borderline of too small. BUT - the issue is with the waist knits. They don't pull inward, so that makes the body look wider. I don't think it's bothersome enough to get rid of it, but we'll see.It's great - I'll post pics of the jacket now on it's own. You'll see the cut is not like that of an A-2.

great jacket! fits great. unique seeing a button up leather jacket. agreed, awesome color and drape.love that the watch band and shoes match too. what kind of watch/band and which shoes?
The band is a custom Toshi (London) and I mentioned it in another thread with more pics. I love it.Boots are just a pair of Rockport Trail Cap Toes. I got three pairs in different colors. Comfortable and my current favorites. Won't break the bank either.
IMG_3837.jpg
IMG_3831.jpg
IMG_3827.jpg
IMG_3825.jpg
IMG_3823.jpg
IMG_3822.jpg
IMG_3821.jpg
IMG_3819.jpg

Last edited:
Jacket has a good look to it. Good fit, digging the dock worker look....You and Jan competing for most dramatic pose? Kidding looks great....
Jan has his tree, I have my gate lol
I'd have to go into the "Wayback time-machine" to look anything like Jan, the resident model. lol ...and spend some cash on a good doc.

Last edited:

pauleway

Practically Family
Jan has his tree, I have my gate lol
I'd have to go into the "Wayback time-machine" to look anything like Jan, the resident model. lol ...and spend some cash on a good doc.

Never was a big fan of the A-1, but that is a nice jacket. Fit is perfect IMO. You and Jan are the FL Zoolanders!!!

Peacoat

Bartender
Nice looking jacket. It appears to be a good fit, but hard to tell about the length with that untucked shirt tail. There is a tree in the back ground, but it is a mighty skimpy tree compared to our German brother's tree.

A good score.

That is one of GWs most beautiful Capeskins. I think the orignal owner bought one of JCs first creations. The grain is spectacular..especially across the back. Good buy Scott. I would think that is surely a 'Keeper'.
HD

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Great looking jacket, I really like the color! I wonder if any one make the Navy version with the mid pockets? I need to take lessons from you on dress, I am typing this wearing an old motorcycle T-shirt, but tucked in, can't seem to go all the way!

kirkaero

New in Town
Excellent jacket! The fit is also good. I hope JC gets the new batch of Capeskin soon. I have not been lucky enough to find a used one in my size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points