Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-1 Jacket / A1 Flying Jacket - The ultimate Golden Era flying accessory!

Thanks much fellas. It's a pretty drool-worthy piece. I always went nuts over that one, and I got lucky that the owner wanted a new M-422 and was my size. My wife thinks it's her favorite jacket, so I guess it's good lol

<br>

@ Stearmen: I think someone was talking about that on vlj. Here is a page with one.

Scott

JanSolo

Practically Family
Wow, the colour and grain on that jacket is spectacular! You don't see many of those capeskin A1s in the wild. At least I haven't seen many in picures and none in person. It surely is a great find and the fit is excellent as is the rest of your attire. Must be a great jacket for warmer climates. It's probably the best repro of the A1 that's available.
BTW: Say, how much have you spent on jackets, boots, denim, knitwear etc. since you've discovered this forum ;) (It's a questions I ask myself every now and then...I always avoid giving an answer...)

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I love it.

If it were my size I would say it looks awful and then PM you a price to let it off your hands, but since its too big for me I´ll just say that it looks sooo cool. You really wear it with style, I like the A1 (more then the A2 minus the collar on the A1) but have always thought I wouldn't wear it well, but you do!! Great jacket :D

(and a big plus for "looking cool in the garden" -photos :D)

Last edited:

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
JC is sourcing new cape at present. I have a deposit down on a new A-1 ahead of cape samples being available.

Ian,
I am sure JC would know where Gary at Eastman is buying his Cape from.
So does that mean Eastman have an exclusivity contract with the supplier or does Mr Chapman believe he can get a better source of Cape ?
Is there such a thing ?

Alan

I would budget ~$1100 for the GW A-1. I don't think pricing if firm, but that would give you a decent target I think.

Jansolo - how much have I spent? I'd wager I could buy a good motorcycle with it. One from a nice Italian countryside factory. Oddly, I guess my wife finds it better than drugs, booze, women, and assorted other things I could be doing lol

Griff - you never know. We've all flipped jackets that are great for the next great one. I guess based on the feedback here and home, it's a keeper for me. I do appreciate the feedback fellas. Have a good one! Conference call time...

Aerojoe

Practically Family
OK, it's new to me - a very slightly pre-owned A-1 Good Wear in cape.

One of the most beautiful A-1s I've ever seen around!

I already took a ration of **** on VLJ for the untucked shirt, so find something else to gripe about like the ugly guy wearing it lol

Well, I don't know what those VLJ guys were thinking but if you tucked in that kind of shirt, you would look like a vintage lumberjack or a hillbilly. Please, don't.
facepalmsmiley1ti3.gif

Well thanks again guys! Good news is that there will likely be new ones coming from the same place once hides are sourced, etc. Have to say, I'm really loving the A-1. May need to find room for two :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy