Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-1 Jacket / A1 Flying Jacket - The ultimate Golden Era flying accessory!

jksu

Familiar Face
nice to have different styles for different moods. so far i've got a cafe racer and now the utility highwayman... was thinking a2 or g1 but love the unique look of your a1... don't see many of those on ebay though

zaman fu

Familiar Face
butte,
you inspired me to order a toshi strap for my sinn 756. just placed an order for a "saddle leather" horsehide strap with "natural" stitching. can't wait.

butte,you inspired me to order a toshi strap for my sinn 756. just placed an order for a "saddle leather" horsehide strap with "natural" stitching. can't wait.
Zaman - glad to hear that. You'll love it. I have one on today with the A-1 and it does look great. It's 3 years old now and matches the jacket well. Post pics when you get it!

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really like this A-1 Scott. It has that vintage patina which makes it almost indistinguishable from an original. These jackets were designed to be worn very trim, like a shirt and this jacket has plenty of room in it if you expand!;)

Red Baron

Banned
Nicest A-1 in the history of Fedora Lounge and anywhere on the Internet. The hide is to die for and the cut is a stunner. I was going to buy an A-2 but now I am changing my mind. I went to the site that sells these jackets and the man on the site wearing made this model of jacket really did not do it justice. Looks much better on you. Well done. I am very jealous.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Nicest A-1 in the history of Fedora Lounge and anywhere on the Internet. The hide is to die for and the cut is a stunner. I was going to buy an A-2 but now I am changing my mind. I went to the site that sells these jackets and the man on the site wearing made this model of jacket really did not do it justice. Looks much better on you. Well done. I am very jealous.

It is very cool and the A-1 seems so rare, even on TFL.

aswatland

Although I like A-1s as a collector originals are really not an option unlike A2s. The Good Wear website is far better than those of other makers in that the jackets are all photographed in detail. IMO John Chapman always does his jackets justice when he wears them and would never wear a jacket with his shirt hanging out-at least not for the camera!

Red Baron

Banned
I think Butte has taken enough ribbing about his shirt being out by now. Yes itwould have been better tucked it, but at least he has the shoulders and waist to wear the jacket to advantage.

John Chapman does not wear the jackets as well as others could, such as Butte. Chapman has narrow shoulders and wide hips and his torso is long with short legs. The jacket looks better on Butte. Chapman should think about hiring someone with a decent pair of shoulders to model his brilliant jackets.

Good Wear's website is impeccable aside from this one detail that might be a touch of ego on Chapman's part considering how much he obviously paid for developing such a fine website. Hiring a model or a friend with a better build cost a mere pittance.

I'm sure Chapman is a great guy. He certainly makes very sharp and detail oriented jackets that look smashing.

aswatland

John Chapman does not wear the jackets as well as others could, such as Butte. Chapman has narrow shoulders and wide hips and his torso is long with short legs. The jacket looks better on Butte. Chapman should think about hiring someone with a decent pair of shoulders to model his brilliant jackets.

Good Wear's website is impeccable aside from this one detail that might be a touch of ego on Chapman's part considering how much he obviously paid for developing such a fine website. Hiring a model or a friend with a better build cost a mere pittance.

I'm sure Chapman is a great guy. He certainly makes very sharp and detail oriented jackets that look smashing.

Yes he is really nice guy. Perhaps you could put yourself forward as his new model as you seem to know exactly how his jackets should be worn.

BTW. I don't think we have seen pics of you in vintage jackets yet.

aswatland

I don't own a company and make my living selling jackets. If I did, I can assure you that I would not model them. I know nothing about modeling anything and the jackets would not look good on someone stuck in a wheelchair. But I am entitled to my opinion. Most people under age 35 today wear their shirts out more often than tucked in. Not all people who wear A-1's are old farts who tuck in their shirts religiously

I look forward to seeing your pics of these sold called "old farts" with their shirts tucked in wearing A-1s. So are you in the under 35 category then with your shirts untucked?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy